3D Charatcer Rigger
- 105 W 4th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. The Co-Founders of Epoch Games were originally part of a Modding Team developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world:
The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
See our Benefits page for more information about what we can (and can't) offer Team Members at this time:
NOTE: The address listed is our central office, but we are working as a completely remote development team at this time. No relocation is necessary.
In this volunteer position we are looking for someone who specializes in creating and modifying realistic Rigs, Weights, Skins and Blendshapes for 3D Characters for our PC video game, The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO), being developed in Unreal Engine. Experience with creating Rig, Weights and Skins for Creatures, Clothing and Armor is also a plus. You would be working with our other 3D Riggers in developing Rigs, Weights, Skins and Blendshapes for 3D Characters, Creatures, Clothing and Armor.
Our Human Characters are being developed with Reallusion's Character Creator 3, along with other 3D Modeling programs. Experience with Reallusion software is a plus.
Communication is key to a smooth and efficient pipeline. You must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team-members and not be afraid to ask should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is a must.
If you are comfortable with teaching, you may be called upon to aid the more junior members of the team in any relevant area.
Other duties include following team policies (given through team orientation as upon acceptance to the team) as well as attending meetings through Slack (our instant message program that we use to communicate)
At this time, we are having to rely upon free (or previously licensed) software. Please refer to the applications listed below for guidelines. We do not endorse piracy in any shape or form.
- Creating realistic 3D Character Rigs, Skins, Weights and Blendshapes
- Previous experience working with applying Rigs, Skins, Weights and Blendshapes in Unreal Engine
- Able to work with and provide constructive criticism and feedback.
- Communication and Team-collaboration skills.
- A passion for modeling and a dedication to creating AAA quality games.
- Creating realistic 3D Creature Rigs, Skins, Weights and Blendshapes
- Creating realistic 3D Clothing and Armor Rigs, Skins and Weights for Characters
- Retargetting rig process in Unreal Engine
- Creating Cloth Physics in Unreal Engine
- Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4: https://www.unrealengine.com/register
- Autodesk Maya: https://www.autodesk.com/products/maya
- Reallusion's Character Creator 3 (CC3): https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- The ability to run Unreal Engine 4
- The disk space and Internet Speeds to download (Git Pull) at least 20 GB of game files