- 105 W 4th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. The Co-Founders of Epoch Games were originally part of a Modding Team developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world:
The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
See our Benefits page for more information about what we can (and can't) offer Team Members at this time:
NOTE: The address listed is our central office, but we are working as a completely remote development team at this time. No relocation is necessary.
In this volunteer position you will be asked to direct our Concept Artists, Illustrators and Graphic Designers for The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). You will be asked to help us improve our current Art Standards as well as assist our Co-Lead Concept Artists and Lead Graphic Designer to keep our other Artists to our high level of standards.
You will likely be asked to assist with Concept Art and Illustrations yourself:
- Concept Art include characters, creatures, landscape, architecture, etc.
- Illustrations include in-game paintings (and should replicate various medieval painting styles) as well as promotional art.
Samples of existing concept art for the project may be found at our IndieDb page: http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-lays-of-althas-sundered-order
Communication is key to a smooth and efficient pipeline, you must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team-members and not be afraid to ask should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is a must.
If you are comfortable with teaching, you may also be called upon to aid the more junior members of the team in any relevant area.
Other duties include following team policies (given upon acceptance to the team) as well as attending Slack meetings (instant messaging software we use for team communication).
At this time, we are having to rely upon free (or previously licensed) software. Please refer to the applications listed below for guidelines. We do not endorse piracy in any shape or form.
- Ability to manage and direct the Art Vision and Standards for the Epoch Games Development Team.
- Ability to work with and provide constructive criticism and feedback to other 2D Artists.
- Strong communication and team-collaboration skills.
- Ability to create high-quality concept art and illustrations of characters, creatures, landscape, architecture and more.
- Ability to work effectively and accurately based upon assignment guidelines, art direction and past concepts/illustrations.
- A passion for drawing, painting, etc and a dedication to creating AAA quality games.
- Adobe Photoshop (already licensed), GIMP or any other illustrative software.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.