Unreal Engine Animaor / Rigger
- 105 W 4th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. We have no centrally-located headquarters and are unincorporated at this time. Most of the original founding members were modders developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world. The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
For more information about the game, please check out our IndieDb page:
NOTE: The address listed is our central office, but we are working as a completely remote development team at this time. No relocation is necessary.
In this volunteer position you will be working closely with other members of the Animation / Rigging and Coding departments to setup Animations and Rigs for Characters within Unreal Engine (UE4) Project. Experience with ALSv4 is a big plus:
Communication is key to a smooth and efficient pipeline, you must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team-members and not be afraid to ask should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is a must.
If you are comfortable with teaching, you may be called upon to aid the more junior members of the team in any relevant area.
Other duties include: attending team meetings; completing monthly reports; and following team policies.
This is a volunteer position, so no monetary compensation is being offered at this time.
At this time, we are having to rely upon free (or previously licensed) software. Please refer to the applications listed below for guidelines. We do not endorse piracy.
- Expertise in Animating and Rigging Characters within Unreal Engine
- Self-motivated and able to troubleshoot technical challenges
- Online communication (English) and Team-collaboration skills
- A passion for animation and a dedication to creating AAA quality games
- Strong understanding of Blueprint in relation to Animations and Rigging in Unreal Engine
- Strong understanding of Human anatomy and movement
- Understanding of traditional animation principles that enhance believable movement
- Experience with non-gaming Non-linear Animation (NLA) systems and/or has animated for games prior
- Unreal Engine 4 (https://www.unrealengine.com/register)
- Autodesk 3DS Max / Maya only for Rigs and Skins