3D Creature Artist
- 105 W 4th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. We have no centrally-located headquarters and are unincorporated at this time. Most of the original founding members were modders developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world. The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
For more information about the game, please check out our IndieDb page:
NOTE: The address listed is our central office, but we are working as a completely remote development team at this time. No relocation is necessary.
In this volunteer position we are looking for someone who specializes in creating fantastical creatures for the The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). We are looking for a skilled 3D Creature Artist with a decent level of experience creating realistic Creatures that could go alongside realistic Human characters (they will be realistic-looking creatures, but with unique fantastical and heraldic touches). Rigging and Skinning these Creatures is not required.
Communication is key to a smooth and efficient pipeline. You must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team-members and not be afraid to ask should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is a must.
If you are comfortable with teaching, you may be called upon to aid the more junior members of the team in any relevant area.
Other duties include following team policies (given through team orientation as upon acceptance to the team) as well as attending meetings through Slack (our instant message program that we use to communicate)
This is a volunteer position, so no monetary compensation is being offered. We also cannot offer any work visas.
At this time, we are having to rely upon free (or previously licensed) software. Please refer to the applications listed below for guidelines. We do not endorse piracy in any shape or form.
- Creating realistic Creature meshes and textures
- Creating Fur sculpts using Hair Card and Alpha Planes
- Physically-based Rendering (PBR) experience for game sculpting required
- Previous experience working with low-poly/game-ready assets required
- Full Texturing ability (Diffuse, Normal, Displacement etc).
- Able to work effectively and accurately from pre-defined concept art and designs.
- Able to work with and provide constructive criticism and feedback.
- Communication and Team-collaboration skills.
- A passion for modeling and a dedication to creating AAA quality games.
- Unreal Engine 4 (https://www.unrealengine.com/register)
- 3D Modeling Software, be it 3DS Max, Maya, Blender or similar. Must have valid license for said software.
- Adobe Photoshop, GIMP or similar for creating high-quality 2D Textures.