Video Game Writer
- 6000 Museum Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27105, USA
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. We have no centrally-located headquarters and are unincorporated at this time. Most of the original founding members were modders developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world. The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
For more information about the game, please check out our IndieDb page:
NOTE: The address above is the address related to Epoch Games' Incorporation, but is not related to the place of work. We are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Slack (an instant messaging application) and Trello (an online project collaboration tool).
In this volunteer position you will be working closely with our Writers to assist in developing the story, quests, characters and lore in The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). We use Twine to create create branching events/conversations and we develop our Lore on our team's MediaWiki.
We are particularly looking for good writer who can dedicate themselves to the project long-term.
Communication is key to a smooth and efficient pipeline, you must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team-members and not be afraid to ask should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is a must.
Other duties include: attending weekly team meetings, regular communication and following team policies.
This is a volunteer position, so no monetary compensation is being offered at this time.
- Strong writing ability in Fiction, including both in plot and characters
- Previous experience writing for games, in particular, games with non-linear, branching storylines
- Strong grasp of the English language
- Ability to collaborate with others on a Team
- A passion for writing and a dedication to creating AAA quality games
- Former experience with Twine
- Former experience editing MediaWiki Articles
- Twine: https://twinery.org/