3D Game Animator / Rigger
- 3320 Silas Creek Parkway Suite 303, Winston-Salem, NC, Winston-Salem, NC, us
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. We have no centrally-located headquarters and are unincorporated at this time. Most of the original founding members were modders developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world. The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
For more information about the game, please check out our IndieDb page:
NOTE: The address listed is N/A. We are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Slack (an instant messaging application) and Trello (an online project collaboration tool).
In this volunteer position you will be working closely with other members of the Visuals department to animate/rig/skin a range of organic and hard-body models and aid in the preparation of high-quality game assets for The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). We are willing to take on students who are looking to build their portfolios, but keep in mind that we are looking for people who can dedicate themselves to the project long-term.
Communication is key to a smooth and efficient pipeline, you must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team-members and not be afraid to ask should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is a must.
If you are comfortable with teaching, you may be called upon to aid the more junior members of the team in any relevant area.
Other duties include: attending team meetings; completing monthly reports; and following team policies.
This is a volunteer position, so no monetary compensation is being offered at this time.
At this time, we are having to rely upon free (or previously licensed) software. Please refer to the applications listed below for guidelines. We do not endorse piracy.
- Strong understanding of Human anatomy and movement.
- Expertise in animating Humans
- Creation of 3D Character Skeletons & Rigs
- Understanding of traditional animation principles that enhance believable movement
- Experience with non-gaming Non-linear Animation (NLA) systems and/or has animated for games
- Rapid prototyping and turn-around for animations
- Self-motivated and able to troubleshoot technical challenges
- Online communication (English) and Team-collaboration skills
- A passion for animation and a dedication to creating AAA quality games
- Skinning (weighting) 3D Human Characters & Clothing/Armor
- Creation of 3D quadruped/aerial creature Skeletons & Rigs
- Skinning (weighting) 3D quadrupeds and aerial creatures
- Expertise in animating quadrupeds and aerial creatures
- Autodesk 3DS Max / Maya only
- Motionbuilder useful, but not essential