Manager, On-Premise Hospitality - Chicago, IL
- Chicago, IL, USA
This position must be based in Chicago, IL.
The Manager, On-Premise Hospitality is responsible for driving business and commercial performance across a state or multi-state field unit and developing a solid, long-term partnership with client’s local counterparts and distributor network. This position will manage a team of customer-facing Advisors and Educators who are each responsible for driving brand and commercial initiatives for a large portfolio of spirit brands in target on-premise accounts and within designated markets and/or DMAs.
Reporting to the agency’s Division Director, the Manager, On-Premise Hospitality will assess and report on field activities to division leadership, as well as drive execution of agency policies in the field.
- Legal and Compliance Accountability. Enforce and monitor all legal and marketing code guidelines with direct reports
- Staff Management. Hire, onboard, and develop local on-premise team, providing feedback, mentorship, and career pathing
- ClientRelationships. Communicate regularly with client counterpart and distributor network to align on market execution approaches for local team
- Budget Management. Manage financial responsibilities for local unit, including account support and T&E planning
- Commercial and Performance Strategy. Plan, track, and implement brand and portfolio engagement using performance data (volume, menu growth/share, activities) provided by agency and client
- Agency Engagement. Leads key initiatives on behalf of designated team including:
- Brand/category knowledge and business skills training
- Point of Sale Management
- Brand and portfolio programming implementation
- Brand, market, competitive and customer insight curation
- Local reporting efforts
- Leadership requests
- Cultivate Opportunities. As a local market expert, seek out opportunities within the market to feature promotional resources and partners for client’s brand portfolio
- Network Communication. Communicate and partner with complimentary client programs to ensure seamless and efficient in-market executions
- Travel and Work-Withs. Travel within the assigned territory to work with direct reports 1:1 to gain an understanding of individual successes and challenges
- Drive local team culture. Highlight team successes, drive support for local initiatives across the agency team and with local client and distributor partners
What Success Looks Like:
- Commercial growth (exceeding goals) in on-premise accounts within market territories
- Menu presence growth (exceeding goals) in on-premise accounts within market territories
- Delivery of program activities within the on-premise environment
- Positive 360º feedback from manager, direct reports, and client partners
- Share of success stories through strategic communications such that local progress is clearly communicated to and understood by both agency and client
- High rate of added value across territory (going over and above with our client partnership in the field)
- High team retention rate/career advancement within agency network
- College degree (4-year) or B.A./B.S. equivalent with focus on Communications, Marketing or Business
- 5-7 years of experience in the spirits industry, agency experience preferred
- Experience in a field-based role, management experience Required
- Distributor or broker experience is a plus
- Proven strong customer relationship experience
- Strong budget management skills
- Knowledge of liquor laws, regulations, and rules
- Deep understanding of market trends and competition activity is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persuasive selling and negotiation skills are required to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel on an ad hoc basis including nights and weekends required
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel to and from accounts
- Desire to lead, coach, and develop a team
- Bilingual (English and Spanish-speaking) a plus
The base compensation range for this job classification is between $90,000 and $120,000 The determination of what a specific employee in this job classification is paid depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, prior employment history/job-related skills and qualifications, length of service and geographic location. This job classification is bonus-eligible, with bonus potential subject to applicable bonus plan terms and conditions.
This position offers incentive opportunities plus full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, PTO time and more!
Enthuse and Inspira Marketing are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.