QA Automation Engineer
- 65 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5J 0A7, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Enso Connect is a home management software that leverages smart home devices and AI communication to provide a seamless experience to homeowners, property managers, and guests in the short term rental industry.
Who are we?
Our background: Enso Connect is a dynamic startup based out of Toronto - We started off as a University of Toronto school project, and have grown to become one of Toronto’s fastest growing ventures in the travel space. We were marked as the City of Toronto Entrepreneurs of the year for 2019/2020.
Our team: We have 10+ team members working in person or remotely around the world including Toronto, Mexico City, London, and Paris. We are dynamic and pride ourselves on effectively adapting to ever-changing market dynamics and technology requirements. Our number one rule is “Empathy is key”; we focus on listening, and working as a group.
Our growth: We’ve recently launched our BETA product, and are currently growing the number of homes on our platform exponentially. We’ve also finished raising our Pre-Seed/Seed round in the midst of this global pandemic.
Check us out: www.ensoconnect.com
What do we do?
We are automating the full cycle of managing a vacation rental - bringing in the luxury and comfort of a hotel with the community and experience factor of a short term rental.
Checking in, checking up, checking out, getting the cleaning team is all automated with our technology; saving hosts, property managers, and guests countless hours on a daily basis.
As our QA Engineer, you will be in charge of developing and maintaining our automated CI/CD & test suites - bridging the gap between our developers and customers to ensure that code comes out of our pipeline bug-free. This role also offers many opportunities to go beyond QA testing, including architecting our infrastructure and debugging code.
- Design, implement & run automated python QA tests using pytest, and integrate these into our CI/CD pipeline.
- Maintain API logs, automatic email notifications for crucial errors & other monitoring tasks.
- Manually run QA tests, create detailed bug reports for developers using Kanban boards & maintain a a traceability matrix
- Although not a strict requirement, the ability to debug & refactor code would be very valuable. The same applies to the ability to suggest refactors or additions to our infrastructure.
- Genuinely passionate about software development & architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Takes initiative when something goes wrong
- Great code comprehension skills
- Excellent knowledge of Python syntax & design patterns - specifically for object oriented APIs.
- Excellent knowledge of React (or other NodeJS framework)
- Good knowledge of managed AWS services: Lambda, DDB, Elasticsearch Service, S3, Cognito
- Some knowledge of serverless hosting and deployment tools: Serverless framework, AWS amplify, Cloudformation
Your stand-out traits:
- Ability to work under pressure, highly self-motivated, good communication
- Versatile and passionate about learning new technologies; you will wear more than one hat in this role and play with both front and backend technologies
- Passion for travel and the outdoors is a plus
- If you are a recruiter or you are representing an outsourced consulting company, please do NOT apply. We are only looking to hire our own team members that will fully integrate within our business and culture and we are not looking to fast track this process.
- At Enso Connect, we are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.