- Shift: 1st Shift
Steeped in a tradition of hydropower, American Hydro is a leading supplier and installer of large equipment for the hydro electric industry, specializing in design, engineering, precision CNC manufacture, upgrades and servicing of high-performance, hydro-turbines and large pumps.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to add to our team located at our York, PA facility. We are a tight-knit group that takes a great deal of pride in what we produce. If you are a detail-oriented, hardworking Systems Engineer who is looking for a place to call home, we invite you to apply for this opening.
- Accountable for the integration and performance of “Balance of Plant” systems for the hydro project, including electrical power systems and controls
- Accountable for meeting the budgeted costs for the systems
- Show advancement in engineering capabilities, building on accumulated experience
- Commit to work under company’s core values that include: a “One Team” mindset, open communication, and continuous improvement
- The system design of hydro turbine-generator installations including integration of generator, excitation, switchgear, controls and auxiliary electrical components
- Interpreting and translating customer specifications, development of technical proposals, production of CAD drawings, vendor oversight, procedure development, and field installation and testing support
- With support from experienced engineers:
- Work under their lead for complex and demanding projects
- Serve as the technical lead on low complexity projects from design concept/proposal to the finished product
- Perform field troubleshooting and testing
- Perform electrical analysis to verify design
- Generate drawings, parts lists, and requisitions for electrical systems and related components
- Initiate submittals to customers and/or suppliers and review and respond to comments on returned drawings
- Interact with Marketing to develop balance of plant proposals
- Support additional project requirements as needed for Scheduling, Project Management, Proposals, Procurement, Operations, and Field Service departments
- Conduct internal design reviews with multi-disciplinary teams
- Write and assemble commissioning procedures
- Write and assemble Operation and Maintenance manuals
- Review product discrepancies versus design requirements and prescribe disposition
- Satisfy ISO 9001 Quality Standards as they relate to these engineering tasks
- Development of electrical analysis tools as necessary.
- Drawing and final acceptance of electrical systems work performed by sub-suppliers
- Approval of field and shop non-conformances and disposition of non-conformances
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required.
- 0-3 years of experience
- Travel up to 10%
The benefits of joining our team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- a 401(k) plan in with a generous company match
- financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented women and men who drive business success.
Enprotech Corp and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.