Project Controls Analyst
- Shift: 1st Shift
Steeped in a tradition of hydropower, American Hydro is a leading supplier and installer of large equipment for the hydro electric industry, specializing in design, engineering, precision CNC manufacture, upgrades and servicing of high-performance, hydro-turbines and large pumps.
We are currently looking for Project Controls Analyst to add to the family in our team located at York, PA facility. We are a tight-knit group that takes a great deal of pride in what we produce. If you are a detail-oriented, hardworking Project Controls Analyst who is looking for a place to call home, we invite you to apply for this opening.
Position Summary & Objective
The Project Controls Analyst will analyze, project costs, schedule data, and develop project improvement strategies. In addition, the Analyst will work closely and partner with project managers on various projects and develop, update, and manage changes to the Project Scope, Cost and Schedules.
Essential Functions Performed by the Position
- Analyze project cost, schedule data, and advise the project manager.
- Support multiple projects and project managers simultaneously within a portfolio.
- Work with project team to develop project improvement strategies.
- Develop, update, and manage resource loaded schedules.
- Develop, review, advise, and supervise set-up and implementation of project control systems utilizing complete knowledge of project controls software systems such as cost processors, scheduling, and reporting tools. Provide training and implements advanced earned value management systems.
- Develop project controls work processes, tools, and procedures included in the project controls system, ensuring integrity of project controls data and schedules and compliance with processes and procedures.
- Generate schedule variance analysis and identify and report activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule.
- Monitor performance data and independently develop complex analysis; use statistical tools to analyze schedule metrics.
- Maintain, review, advise, present, and interface with designated management and client counterparts on status of earned value data, cost, and schedule.
- Review and coordinate information input into estimates/studies; responsible for the integration of activities and total work scope identification; evaluate estimates/studies results and recommend conclusions for project team consideration and discussion.
- Gather, prepare, and analyze historical cost and schedule data between projects.
- Oversee set-up and implementation of the project controls system, including scope, budget, and schedule.
- Review content and provide guidance on management and monthly reports.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and train/mentor others on diverse topics. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Complete knowledge of and experience using cost/estimating/scheduling/ earned value computer applications (i.e., MS Excel, MS Access).
- Expert knowledge of and Primavera P6
- Comprehensive understanding of general project controls technical skills and experience performing statistical analysis, and schedule monitoring.
- Experience with a Project Controls and earned value management systems in planning, organizing, performing, reviewing, and presenting; this includes independently planning and scheduling using professional judgment and knowledge related to technical planning and scheduling skills.
- Understanding of technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations and mathematical and financial reports. Knowledge of current industry and project controls technical developments.
- Experience identifying, analyzing, and solving complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with multi-disciplined team members and experience using negotiation skills to influence and working effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience serving as a subject matter expert and mentoring others on diverse topics.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with project controls system, earned value management systems for planning, organizing, directing, performing, reviewing, and presenting cost engineering and cost estimating products.
- Expert knowledge of general project controls computer and technical skills with integration of all project controls system components.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant functional discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience with ERP systems a plus.
- Experience performing project controls functions, including cost control and cost analysis; experience and skill in directing planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis.
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, and must be in the immediate York, PA area (or be able to relocate at their own expense). American Hydro is an AAP/EOE Employer. Find out more at www.ahydro.com. We welcome all applicants through our online application system.
The benefits of joining American Hydro
- Competitive Compensation
- Positive culture
- Affordable health care coverage for you and your family – Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401K with generous company match
- Advantages through FSA/HSA accounts that allow you to pay for healthcare expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Competitive paid time off program that will increase with tenure
Enprotech Corp and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.