Systems Engineering Co - Op
- Shift: 1st Shift
Steeped in a tradition of hydropower, American Hydro is the leading supplier and installer of large equipment for the hydroelectric industry. American Hydro is currently looking for a Systems Engineering Co-op to add to the family at our York, PA facility. We are a tight-knit group that takes a great deal of pride in what we produce. If you are a detail-oriented, hardworking team member who is looking for a place to call home, we invite you to apply for this opening.
- Assist Systems Engineers in the integration and performance of “Balance of Plant” systems for the hydro project, including electrical power systems and controls
- Willingness and capacity to learn about different engineering disciplines
- Ability to adapt to different project requirements
- Accuracy in drawings and calculations
- Speed of correct completion of tasks assigned
- Show advancement in engineering capabilities, building on accumulated experience
- Commit to work under company’s core values that include: a “One Team” mindset, open communication, and continuous improvement
- The system design of hydro turbine-generator installations including integration of generator, excitation, switchgear, controls and auxiliary electrical components
- Assist in assembly of company’s technical documents (example: operations & maintenance manuals, technical proposals, CAD drawings, engineering reports, procedures, etc.)
- Interpreting and translating customer specifications
- Perform electrical analysis to verify design
- Exercise communication skills in report writing and proposal development
- Perform troubleshooting and testing
Education Requirements: Current Bachelor’s degree student in Electrical, Mechanical, or other related engineering discipline. Junior year student preferred with 3.0 cumulative GPA minimum.
Why American Hydro?
- Competitive rate $18-24/hour based on experience
- Positive culture
If you are looking for a long term career with a company that promotes safety, success, and growth apply today!
Enprotech Corp and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.