- Shift: 2nd Shift
Steeped in a tradition of hydropower, American Hydro is the leading supplier and installer of large equipment for the hydroelectric industry. American Hydro is currently looking for a Welder to add to the family at our York, PA facility. We are a tight-knit group that takes a great deal of pride in what we produce. If you are a detail-oriented, hardworking team member who is looking for a place to call home, we invite you to apply for this opening.
- Weld complex weld geometry and fillets and related Hydro components
- Qualified in smaw and fcaw
- Setting up jobs and equipment to run efficiently
- Carbon arc gouge CJP’s
- Grind as needed
- Quality of work
- Job Knowledge
- Proficient in blue print reading except geometric tolerancing
- Fully proficient with FCAW and SMAW. Able to set parameters to optimize the operation of the process(s)
- Able to produce high quality welds
- Grinds parts as needed per drawing and verbal instruction
- Capable of operating gas cutting and air arc gouging process on all but the most challenging applications
- Able to weld using larger wire sizes in many situations
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly
- Keeps Supervisor informed of problems regarding work piece, schedule, safety, etc. as they arise
- Able to operate jib cranes and fork lifts to facilitate positioning of weldments
- Able to make roll and positioner set ups and assembly of simple, smaller weldments on same
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Why American Hydro?
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- a 401(k) plan in with a generous company match
- financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
- Competitive rate starting at $22-24 an hour based on experience
- Positive culture
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented women and men who drive business success.
If you are looking for a long-term career with a company that promotes safety, success, and growth apply today!
Enprotech Corp and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.