Hydraulics Engineer Co - Op
- Shift: 1st Shift
Steeped in a tradition of hydropower, American Hydro is the leading supplier and installer of large equipment for the hydroelectric industry. American Hydro is currently looking for a Hydraulic Engineer Co-op to add to the family at our York, PA facility. We are a tight-knit group that takes a great deal of pride in what we produce. If you are a detail-oriented, hardworking team member who is looking for a place to call home, we invite you to apply for this opening.
- Assist the Mechanical and Hydraulic engineering departments
- Introduced to engineering standards & practices and learn about the hydro turbine components designed and manufactured at American Hydro
- Trained in our current CAD software and will create drawings as directed
- Additional advanced software training may be provided to experienced trainees to include structural finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics
- Willingness and capacity to learn and adapt
- Accuracy in drawings and calculations
- Speed of correct completion of tasks assigned
- Commit to work under company’s core values that include: a “One Team” mindset, open communication, continuous improvement, and a commitment to provide solutions to our customers
- Practice Mechanical Engineering skills as needed to assist in project design development. Must recognize limitation gaps in education/experience and consult freely with appropriate supervisor to efficiently complete assigned tasks while learning the job function
- Perform data reduction and prepare tabular/graphical presentations
- Become proficient in use of company design/analysis software and interpretation of the results
- Exercise communication skills in report writing and proposal development
- Assist in assembly of company’s technical documents (example: Operations & Maintenance manuals, proposals, model test reports, engineering reports, etc.)
- Assist field engineers/shop personnel to collect machine data, complete check sheets, perform hardware inspections, index testing, etc
Education Requirements: Current Bachelor's degree student in Mechanical, Civil, or other related engineering classification. Junior year student preferred with a 3.0 cum GPA.
Why American Hydro?
- Competitive rate $18-24/hour based on experience
- Positive culture
If you are looking for a long term career with a company that promotes safety, success, and growth apply today!
Enprotech Corp and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.