CNC Machinist (2nd shift)
- Shift: 2nd Shift
Steeped in a tradition of hydropower, American Hydro is the leading supplier and installer of large equipment for the hydroelectric industry. Currently, American Hydro is looking for a CNC Machinist to join the family at our York, PA facility. We're a tight-knit group that takes great pride in what we produce. If you are a detail-oriented, hardworking team member who is looking for a place to call home, we invite you to apply for this opening.
The CNC machinist is responsible for rough and finish machining of production ports. NC programs and controller use. Work piece and machine set-up. Machinists are responsible to make sure their machines are working at full capacity, well-maintained and perform period checks on output. The Machinist must look at the product to ensure that it is ready for the next step in the production process.
- Fully proficient in blueprint reading and understanding of geometric tolerancing
- Able to make complex component set ups on VBM’s
- Able to write and edit programs for VBM’s
- Able to make complex components set ups on HBM’s
- Keep Supervisor informed of problems regarding work piece, schedule, safety, etc. as they arise
- Able to write and edit programs for HBM’s
- Cleans up sweepings of machine tool operation scrap and collects in scrap/trash bins
- Able to set up feeds, speeds and judge cutter/insert condition to optimize machining operation for meeting surface finish and productivity
- operate overhead cranes and forklift trucks
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Compensation range: $26-31 hr. based on experience/$2 hr. shift differential
The benefits of joining our team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- a 401(k) plan in with a generous company match
- financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented women and men who drive business success.
Enprotech Corp and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.