- Shift: 2nd Shift
Steeped in a tradition of hydropower, American Hydro is the leading supplier and installer of large equipment for the hydroelectric industry. Currently, American Hydro is looking for a Janitor to join the family at our York, PA facility. We're a tight-knit group that takes great pride in what we produce. If you are a detail-oriented, hardworking team member who is looking for a place to call home, we invite you to apply for this opening.
The Janitor will clean and maintain the facility. The Janitor keeps the building and grounds clean and neat, in a safe manner that meets company standards. They use cleaning chemicals to maintain equipment and other supplies while dusting, vacuuming, mopping and cleaning restrooms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general, routine custodial duties, to include dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures or unclogging pipes
- Assists in cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and cafeteria
- Performs limited grounds maintenance
- Ensures cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked. Performs routine maintenance to custodial equipment and supplies
- Washes windows
- Assists in examining facility for safety hazards; reports deficiencies to supervisor
- Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into compactors and/or dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Unlocks doors, ensuring doors are locked after cleaning areas
- Reports needs and concerns to appropriate staff, which may include submitting or recommending work orders and checking supply levels
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance
- Ability to keep the facility clean and orderly
- Ability to interact with team members and visitors at facility while remaining professional, polite, and courteous
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Three years custodial experience in a commercial building
- Prolonged periods standing
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
The benefits of joining our team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- a 401(k) plan in with a generous company match
- financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented women and men who drive business success.
Enprotech Corp and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.