- Shift: 1st Shift
Steeped in a tradition of hydropower, American Hydro is the leading supplier and installer of large equipment for the hydroelectric industry. Currently, American Hydro is looking for an Accounting Manager to join the family at our York, PA facility. We're a tight-knit group that takes great pride in what we produce. If you are a detail-oriented, hardworking team member who is looking for a place to call home, we invite you to apply for this opening.
The Accounting Manager will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department. The Accounting Manager will create, monitor, and evaluate financial systems within American Hydro. They will collect, analyze, verify, and report financial information to document the organization’s financial performance and position the company to make well-informed financial decisions.
- Management of two personnel in the accounting department (accounts payable and accountant)
- Oversee all aspects of the Accounts Payable function, ensuring proper internal controls along with timely and accurate payments
- Handling all Banking responsibilities for the entity
- Review payroll data prior to each payroll to ensure accuracy and that appropriate controls are in place
- Coordinate and administer an adequate plan for the internal controls of the entity and monitor the performance
- Forecast short-range and long-range cash requirements and obligations, as a basis for maintaining adequate funds
- Prepare monthly journal entries and complete ERP related transactions for month end closing
- Completion and review of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Report on cost center spending and work with department heads on forecasting spending on a monthly basis
- Work with all departments on any financial or compliance related questions
- Monitor inventory levels
- Confirmation of the intercompany balance with our parent company
- Acts as a liaison to assist with income tax preparation
- Provide monthly financial reporting to our parent company
- Complete government surveys
- Develop and present to the VP of Finance matters requiring executive decisions
- Completion of any other assigned duties and ad hoc reports that are required
- Implement electronic payments to minimize the amount of checks cut each week.
- Improve processes to eliminate any work that is not necessary while maintaining internal control requirements
- Assist with implementation of new ERP or enhancements to existing system
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Authority to issue payroll checks and see sensitive payroll and financial information
- Authority to be a signatory on the company bank accounts
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Eight years or more of related experience required
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred but not required
- Accountable for accrucate financial accounting records and internal controls. Also accountable for the oversight of proper payroll processing.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The benefits of joining our team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- a 401(k) plan in with a generous company match
- financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented women and men who drive business success.
Enprotech Corp and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.