Supply Chain Manager
- Shift: 1st Shift
Steeped in a tradition of hydropower, American Hydro is the leading supplier and installer of large equipment for the hydroelectric industry. Currently, American Hydro is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join the family at our York, PA facility. We're a tight-knit group that takes great pride in what we produce. If you are a detail-oriented, hardworking team member who is looking for a place to call home, we invite you to apply for this opening.
- Procurement functions of the Company
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policies
- Manages for Buyers and other department personnel and is responsible for their growth and development
- Selects vendors, assesses vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, and evaluates vendor performance, negotiates price and delivery. Works closely with Quality to monitor supplier performance.
- Recommends major purchases of materials based on anticipated changes in prices or on unusual availability situations
- Makes certain that purchasing documents are properly completed and the terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Assures that department records are maintained and that purchases are followed up or expedited when required
- Monitor vendor’s progress toward scheduled delivery of purchased goods. React as necessary to ensure on-time delivery
- Foster and maintain close relationship within purchasing as well as other departments so that good communication can be achieved and maintained
- Gather needed internal information so that quotations may be solicited and reviewed leading to the placement of purchase orders
- Expedite the receipt of products and services when required so that contractual dates are met
- Develop and maintain close relationships with suppliers so that good business relations can be maintained and improved
- Satisfy ISO 9001 Quality Standard as it applies to the purchasing function
- Develop and maintain processes necessary to procure materials and services for the business
- Develop and maintain a robust vendor base providing multiple options for commodities, specialty components and services
- Responsible to approve or remove vendors from the approved vendors list
- Authorized to approve purchase orders in accordance with the governing division of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree with six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The benefits of joining our team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- a 401(k) plan in with a generous company match
- financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented women and men who drive business success.
Enprotech Corp and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.