Quality Technician (Temp to Hire)
- Eastlake, OH, USA
- Shift: 1st Shift
Bevcorp LLC is a team of passionate people, with can-do attitudes who act safely and with urgency and passion to provide high value and innovative solutions to our customers. We are a full-service provider of packaging equipment. We offer solutions for filling, blending, container handling and seamer equipment, parts and service needs. Throughout our Bevcorp Filling, Microblend, FCI Handling and East Coast Seamers Divisions, we provide unparalleled service to the food and beverage industries.
- Ensures that all of the quality check procedures put in place by the company are followed during every production phase.
- Maintains department organizational standards for inspection tooling, documentation revision and control, and communication.
- Maintains measurement tools and equipment by following operating instructions; calling for calibration or repairs.
- Inspects incoming materials and parts, work in process, finished goods, inventory, and assemblies for conformance to quality standards.
- Approves materials by confirming specifications to engineering drawings; conducting visual and measurement tests.
- Initiates and coordinates identification, disposal, repair, and approval process when a non-conformity has been detected.
- Performs First Article Inspections, First Piece Inspections, and In-Process Inspections as required.
- Documents inspection results by completing Product Quality Plans (PQP), reports, and logs.
- Evaluates and processes returned goods (RMA).
- Coordinates problem solving process (CPAR) if required after detection of a defect.
- Informs production team on quality control issues and works with department managers to improve overall company safety and product quality.
- Recommends adjustments and process improvements to the manufacturing process.
- Collaborates with Engineering to obtain data for problem analysis.
- Collaborates with technical service groups to complete Quality and Factory Acceptance Testing (QAT, FAT)
- Initiates and coordinates quality process improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Performs additional related duties as required such as training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of quality inspection, auditing, and testing experience in a machining environment.
- Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints/engineering drawings; GD&T.
- Ability to set, use, and interpret measuring tools is required; including calipers, micrometers, scales, surface tester, thread gauges, bore gauges, microscope, gauge pins, blocks, and feeler gauges.
- Knowledge of audit procedures and Quality Standards such as ISO/TS 16949, AS9100.
- Dedication to safety as a core value; we maintain a safe work environment because we care about each other.
- Frequent standing and moderate sitting, work at computer for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift and maneuver 50 lbs.
- Builds, grows, and maintains collaborative professional relationships with members of the organization, suppliers, customers, and professional industry contacts.
- Ability to use sound judgement regarding safety.
- Critical thinking, decision-making, and problem solving skills (root cause, corrective/preventative actions).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Possesses a high level of professionalism and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable balance between attention to detail and efficiency.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, databases, and ERP systems.
- Must be able to prioritize, schedule, and complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Advanced math skills.
- Ability to promote a team environment.
- The ability to train other team members.
- Customer service oriented.
- Data collection, management, and analysis.
- Experience working with optical comparators and coordinate measuring machines (CMM) is a plus.
- Experience working with industry specific equipment (fillers, seamers) is a plus.
The benefits of joining our team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- a 401(k) plan in with a generous company match
- financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented women and men who drive business success.