Field Service Project Engineer
- Lansing, MI, USA
- Shift: 1st Shift
Enprotech Industrial Technologies is a team of passionate people, with can-do attitudes who act safely and with urgency and passion to provide high value and innovative solutions to our customers. We are the largest supplier of repair, rebuilding, and field services for the metal forming and steel industry in North America. Our facilities are equipped to provide our customers with exceptional engineering, machining, welding, fabrication and machine assembly and disassembly capabilities.
Schedule, plan, resource, and manage all technical activities aimed at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop work scope, costs (labor, subcontract, materials, tools, etc.) and submit bids for field service solutions.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned field service projects
- Lead and execute onsite line-up meetings with field technicians at customer locations for critical projects and provide technical guidance as needed
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Interact daily with assigned field technicians to ensure successful project execution
- Report regularly on project status to management and customer
- Assign responsibilities to field technicians and monitor completion
- Coordinate customer site activities with customer, technicians, and sales department
- Review project deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Provide support to the sales team with the development of project scope of work, sales estimates, and proposals
- Provide technical training support for junior field technicians
- The majority of work will be office-based and revolve around project planning, project execution, and supervision of field service technician activities being performed at our customer’s facilities.
- Travel: Up to 25% overnight travel
Education and Training, or Experience equivalent:
- Four year BS Engineering degree or a combination of equivalent education and experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings
- Ability to analyze customer scope of work, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and work requirements to complete assigned project.
- Ability to run multiple projects of varying degrees of difficulty and duration at one time.
- Ability to work independently but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible/adaptable to rapidly changing priorities.
- Project management skills to coordinate above duties with customers, evaluate/manage project budget, and develop/manage project timelines (Microsoft Project/Excel).
The benefits of joining our team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- a 401(k) plan in with a generous company match
- financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented women and men who drive business success.