Field Service Technician- Seamers Division
- Forest Hill, MD, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Shift: 1st Shift
Bevcorp LLC is a team of passionate people, with can-do attitudes who act safely and with urgency and passion to provide high value and innovative solutions to our customers. We are a full-service provider of packaging equipment. We offer solutions for filling, blending, container handling and seamer equipment, parts and service needs. Throughout our Bevcorp Filling, Microblend, FCI Handling and East Coast Seamers Divisions, we provide unparalleled service to the food and beverage industries.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety policies and procedures while maintaining a safety-focused work mentality.
- Set up and adjust machines, in the field and in our ECS facility, to equipment specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair machinery mechanically (hydraulic/pneumatic) and electronically.
- Perform checks and setup of chucks and rolls.
- Perform machine audits, repairs, and preventative scheduled maintenance on seamers. Install, commission, and set up new seamers in customer facilities.
- Install, commission, and set up new seamers in customer facilities.
- Diagnose problems, dismantle machines, replace defective parts, and reassemble machines.
- Identify and articulate root cause problem statements while troubleshooting.
- Setup and adjust lower chuck spring pressure utilizing the force control gauge.
- Changeover and setup change parts running clearance and timing.
- Complete service reports timely.
- Install, train, commission, and set up new seamers in customer facilities.
- Provide training to customers and coworkers alike.
- Follow good assembly practices while performing job duties.
- Travel, sometimes nights and weekends, up to 100%, depending on the location of team member residence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED.
- 4-6 years seaming service experience including strong knowledge of seamer platform required.
- Minimum two-year technical school training in related field preferred.
- Basic computer, including iPad and smart phone, skills such as the use of email, Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience serving customers and working as a team to achieve success.
- Experience working on Angelus seamers including all models from 60L- 180S preferred.
- Manufacturing experience in the food and beverage industry required.
- High level of dedication to safety and quality.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Passion to deliver results on our customers’ needs.
- Ability to conduct seam specifications, utilizing standard tools such as seam micrometers.
- Ability to adhere to all Bevcorp culture and values: safety, urgency, teamwork, can-do attitude, integrity, and community.
- Ability to travel outside of the US.
- Ability to lift, carry, move, etc. up to 50 pounds.
- Strong mechanical thinker.
- Strong communication skills for use of nomenclature.
- Strong problem solving skills.
The benefits of joining our team
Because we seek to hire the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- a 401(k) plan in with a generous company match
- financial protection through disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance plans
- tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
When you join our team, you do more than simply switch companies to progress your career. You become part of our family, a group of talented women and men who drive business success.