Commercial Development Project Manager
- Calgary, AB, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Being part of a growing company in the cleantech sector and contributing to the global transition to a circular economy appeals to you? That’s exactly what our employees do every day when they come to work. Enerkem is based on a revolutionary idea: transforming non-recyclable and non-compostable waste into clean fuels and renewable chemicals. Our Canadian-born solution offers an innovative and sustainable alternative to landfilling and incineration while reducing dependency on fossil fuels. We operate the world's first commercial-scale waste-to-biofuel facility right here in Alberta, where we convert the City of Edmonton's municipal solid waste into clean ethanol.
Such an ambitious mission requires people who strive to make a difference. Our employees are the best in their field; they are resilient and passionate contributors who transform challenges into opportunities. Our culture values individual ideas and contributions for the company’s success. It’s a place where you can lead and inspire others within a creative and dynamic team.
You are recognized for your project management skills in industrial projects, your experience spans in early-stage business development projects and you like working within a dynamic team. Also, you are looking to have an impact, in your job, your workplace, and the World too, by working for a company that brings innovation to another level.
Upon your arrival, you will support the Project and Proposals Team within our Business Development unit and will be responsible for delivering early stage Enerkem projects. You will report to the Proposals and Product Manager and work alongside leaders in other disciplines as well as directly with Clients. This is an opportunity to collaborate with them as you enrich your career and work on Enerkem’s unique and disruptive technology.
Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Manage all interfaces related to Enerkem scope of work in pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Deliver the projects on time and on-budget with top quality
- Proactively coordinate with the Enerkem team discipline leads for their contribution to the projects
- Predict resources and man-hours needed for projects and work with the engineering/procurement leads to ensure that the needed resources are assigned
- Work with the commercial development process engineering and regulatory teams to prepare client value propositions as well as evaluate Enerkem product platforms
- Process engineering and/or Project management with a minimum of 5 to 10+ years’ experience in multidisciplinary industrial projects, ideally in the chemical or petrochemical industry
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong leadership demonstrated in complex matrix organizations involving the coordination of a multidisciplinary team of professionals
- Demonstrate the ability to drive results of teams with or without formal reporting relationship
- Effective communication requiring:
- Alignment with clients
- Negotiation skills
- Proactive reporting on key issues, advancement of deliverables, risks, and mitigation plans
- Ability to deliver quality deliverables on time to clients
- Creative problem-solving on technical, project management, and inter-discipline issues
- Good sense of humor and ability to work in a dynamic team environment
At Enerkem, the well-being of our employees is at the heart of our priorities! We provide a living environment where each individual counts and is recognized for their contribution to the success of the organization. We believe in the importance of celebrating our successes and having fun! We focus our efforts on developing talents and, among other things, offer opportunities for everyone to participate in stimulating projects as well as learning opportunities and feedback / coaching that allow them to succeed, develop and flourish professionally. Enerkem also offers a total compensation package that includes competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to meet all the needs of our employees and their families.
And that's not all, here are some other unique benefits:
- Social activities and environmental initiatives
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities
- A group insurance plan to meet all your and your family's needs, including telemedicine
- $400 credit for health and fitness expenses
- Paid professional dues and memberships
- Flexible work environment.
Enerkem subscribes to the principle of equity in employment. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that offers equal opportunities for all, where people of diverse backgrounds and characteristics feel valued, respected, supported and can thrive. These values, which reflect the talent, experience and qualities of our employees, allows us to get the best out of each and every one of us.