Accounts Payable Lead
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Being part of a growing company in the cleantech sector and contributing to the global transition to a circular economy appeals to you? That’s exactly what our employees do every day when they come to work. Enerkem is based on a revolutionary idea: transforming non-recyclable and non-compostable waste into clean fuels and renewable chemicals. Our Canadian-born solution offers an innovative and sustainable alternative to landfilling and incineration while reducing dependency on fossil fuels. Such an ambitious mission requires people who strive to make a difference. Our employees are the best in their field; they are resilient and passionate contributors who transform challenges into opportunities. Our culture values individual ideas and contributions for the company’s success. It’s a place where you can lead and inspire others within a creative and dynamic team.
Upon your arrival, you will lead the Accounts Payable team in all their activities, whether it be daily operations or project initiatives. You will report to the Director of Accounting. This is an opportunity to collaborate with them as you enrich your career and work on Enerkem’s unique and disruptive technology.
Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Directs and supports the management of the Accounts Payable function to ensure compliance with corporate controls, policies, procedures and directives, as well as legislative requirements to ensure complete, accurate, reliable and timely financial data.
- Responsible for the full cycle accounts payable process (including but not limited to entering invoices in the accounting system, coordinating with vendors regarding invoicing / payment inquiries and discrepancies, reconciling vendor statements (research and correct discrepancies, follow-up on POs and supplier invoices).
- Specializing in project Accounts Payable.
- Audit and process employee expense reports in accordance with the company travel/expense policy and process the company’s VISA accounts.
- Analyze certain general ledger accounts and make end-of-month adjustments.
- Assist in month end closing and with audit support as necessary.
- Leads and manages the design and integration of new business processes or system changes affecting the Accounts Payable function.
- As a Microsoft D365 expert for Accounts Payable, identifies continuous improvement opportunities and collaborates to support and implement recommendations for process changes affecting various procurement-to-pay processes.
- Leads and manages projects and initiatives for the Accounts Payable function directed towards process improvements
- Ensures Microsoft D365 access controls and processing thresholds for the staff are appropriate and that access to the Accounts Payable imaged documents and data is properly secured.
- Promotes the use and understanding of accounts payable policies, systems and procedures and ensures that reporting meets management needs.
- Works with the Procurement function to provide solutions to onboard vendors or changes to existing payment processes.
- Liaises directly with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues and complaints. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with external vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certification or equivalent considered an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant functional experience (internal controls, financial practices and procedures in an ERP environment such as Microsoft D365)
- One or more years of experience in an Engineering / Project environment an asset
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs;
- Sound organizational, analytical, judgement and decision-making skills with proven abilities in problem solving;
- Ability to work within a team and a keen ability to detect discrepancies is a must;
- Demonstrates thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Experience in a multi-currency and multi legal entity environment;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English and French).
At Enerkem, the well-being of our employees is at the heart of our priorities! We provide a living environment where each individual counts and is recognized for their contribution to the success of the organization. We believe in the importance of celebrating our successes and having fun!
We focus our efforts on developing talents and, among other things, offer opportunities for everyone to participate in stimulating projects as well as learning opportunities and feedback / coaching that allow them to succeed, develop and flourish professionally. Enerkem also offers a total compensation package that includes competitive salary, performance bonus, and comprehensive benefits to meet all the needs of our employees and their families, including telemedicine.
And that's not all, here are some other unique benefits:
- $ 400 credit for health care and / or physical activities to support the well-being of our employees
- An employee recognition program
- Social activities organized by a committee dedicated to providing fun and promoting well-being
- In the context of COVID-19, we are teleworking, and we provide our employees with the technological tools to allow them to work effectively remotely
- Post COVID, Enerkem will adjust to the "new normal" to meet everyone's needs in the new reality
- Training costs, membership fees and professional association memberships paid
- A flexible working environment with autonomy to take action.
Enerkem subscribes to the principle of equity in employment. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that offers equal opportunities for all, where people of diverse backgrounds and characteristics feel valued, respected, supported and can thrive. These values, which reflect the talent, experience and qualities of our employees, allows us to get the best out of each and every one of us.