Manager - Financial Reporting
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Being part of a growing company in the cleantech sector and contributing to the global transition to a circular economy appeals to you? That’s exactly what our employees do every day when they come to work. Enerkem is based on a revolutionary idea: transforming non-recyclable and non-compostable waste into clean fuels and renewable chemicals. Our Canadian-born solution offers an innovative and sustainable alternative to landfilling and incineration while reducing dependency on fossil fuels.
Such an ambitious mission requires people who strive to make a difference. Our employees are the best in their field; they are resilient and passionate contributors who transform challenges into opportunities. Our culture values individual ideas and contributions for the company’s success. It’s a place where you can lead and inspire others within a creative and dynamic team.
You are recognized for your versatility and thoroughness; there isn’t much about IFRS, financial statements, consolidation and complex accounting, taxation and audits as well as relationships with business partners that you don’t know. Also, you are looking to have an impact, in your job, your workplace, and the World too, by working for a company that brings innovation to another level.
Upon your arrival, you will support the Corporate Controls team. You will be responsible for financial reporting and its entire cycle, from analysis to presentation of results and execution of accounting policies. You will report to the VP, Corporate Controller, who is a manager who promotes teamwork and is results-oriented. This is an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team as you enrich your career and work on Enerkem’s unique and disruptive technology.
Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- You will be responsible for preparation and distribution of:
- Internal financial statements to management, maintaining the highest quality, reliability, and accuracy.
- Management reports and financial results for the board of directors.
- Financial information and other reports to satisfy regulatory compliance.
- Maintenance of the organization’s general ledger and ensuring that all transactions and documentation complies with IFRS.
- Manage monthly closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Consolidation and complex accounting under IFRS including the treatment of financial instruments.
- Coordinate with various teams, perform complex analysis and prepare reports to summarize financial data.
- You will be responsible for managing accounting policies, accounting position memos, including researching and resolving accounting issues, and evaluating and implementing new accounting statements to ensure compliance with US GAAP and IAS.
- Supervise revenue recognition programs and documents and implement new methodologies, review contracts to interpret financial issues.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Be in charge of tax accounting.
- As the company has many projects, you will participate in due diligence and ad-hoc analyses (cost price, budget).
- Manage the annual audit process with the independent auditors.
- Develop policies favorable to the company within the framework of joint-venture type agreements with our partners.
- Have under your responsibility the management of a team of professional accountants.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in the establishment of the foundations to manage the rapid growth of Enerkem, and to add several achievements to your credit, and to develop your professional profile.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
- At least 7 years of experience with accounting standards, IFRS, consolidation, multicurrency, and financial statements
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- Public accounting experience for multi-national corporation
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls
- Tax experience is an asset
- Perfectly bilingual
- Detail-oriented, compulsion with accuracy and facility with financial data
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written, involved in developing reports
- Good business partner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Great agility with IT tools (Power BI would be a strong asset)
- Excellent ability to adapt and manage many different priorities at once, meeting frequent deadlines
At Enerkem, the well-being of our employees is at the heart of our priorities! We provide a living environment where each individual counts and is recognized for their contribution to the success of the organization. We believe in the importance of celebrating our successes and having fun! We focus our efforts on developing talents and, among other things, offer opportunities for everyone to participate in stimulating projects as well as learning opportunities and feedback / coaching that allow them to succeed, develop and flourish professionally. Enerkem also offers a total compensation package that includes competitive salary, performance bonus, and comprehensive benefits to meet all the needs of our employees and their families, including telemedicine.
And that's not all, here are some other unique benefits:
- $ 400 credit for health care and / or physical activities to support the well-being of our employees
- An employee recognition program
- Social activities organized by a committee dedicated to providing fun and promoting well-being
- In the context of COVID-19, we are teleworking, and we provide our employees with the technological tools to allow them to work effectively remotely
- Post COVID, Enerkem will adjust to the "new normal" to meet everyone's needs in the new reality
- Training costs, membership fees and professional association memberships paid
- A flexible working environment with autonomy to take action.
Enerkem subscribes to the principle of equity in employment. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that offers equal opportunities for all, where people of diverse backgrounds and characteristics feel valued, respected, supported and can thrive. These values, which reflect the talent, experience and qualities of our employees, allows us to get the best out of each and every one of us.