Manager - IT Business Applications Delivery
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Being part of a growing company in the cleantech sector and contributing to the global transition to a circular economy appeals to you? That’s exactly what our employees do every day when they come to work. Enerkem is based on a revolutionary idea: transforming waste into clean fuels and renewable chemicals. Our Canadian-born solution offers an innovative and sustainable alternative to landfilling and incineration while reducing dependency on fossil fuels.
Such an ambitious mission requires people who strive to make a difference. Our employees are the best in their field; they are resilient and passionate contributors who transform challenges in opportunities. Our culture values individual ideas and contributions for the company’s success. It’s a place where you can lead and inspire others within a creative and dynamic team.
The IT organization of Enerkem is responsible for the life cycle planning and support of business applications through selection, operation, refresh, migration and optimization. Reporting to the Senior Director of Information Technology, the Manager Business Applications Delivery manages the Business analysts and Developers group that has specific responsibility for building or configuring and enhancing applications through the life cycle. The individual must be hands-on and details oriented. It includes the management and creation of external partnerships for application development and the support of SaaS applications.
- Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Manage the delivery of IT business application projects with internal and external resources.
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Work with IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
- Build IT Business project roadmaps (timeline, financial, resources, value, and risk)
- Assess viability/priority of projects/initiatives and ensure issues and risks are clearly communicated.
- Provide expertise and counsel peers and business units in understanding the architectural options and technology choices in support of their business initiatives.
- Research/analyze business requirements to evaluate and recommend optimal solutions.
- Contribute to meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, within budget, and adhering to relevant standards.
- Develop project charters.
- Ensure that the proposed project/solution architecture meets the business & technology objectives.
- Participate in the definition of enterprise IT standards from an application and technology standpoint.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes by building on existing/new technologies and applications.
- Establish goals for IT department employees, develop their competencies and manage their performance on an ongoing basis. Offer employees ongoing support and coaching to maximize team engagement and performance.
- Architect applications and technology solutions
- Implement and manage application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
YOUR SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in computer science or equivalent
- Ten years of IT experience and two to five years of experience in an application support and development leadership role
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Experience as a solution and/or enterprise architect
- Hands-on experience as a developer for custom application and/or packaged software.
- Hands-on experience with Sharepoint and Office 365 components
- Experience working with System Integrators (SIs) and/or implementations of vendor products.
- Experience with ERP (Microsoft) implementation or support considered an asset.
- Bilingual (French and English) required
- Excellent project management skills (PMP certification considered an asset)
- Strong written skills for communication to various stakeholders including Executive.
- Able to communicate highly complex ideas in an audience appropriate manner.
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of Microsoft technology and languages (.Net, C#, SharePoint, Power BI)
At Enerkem, the well-being of our employees is at the heart of our priorities! We provide a living environment where each individual counts and is recognized for their contribution to the success of the organization. We believe in the importance of celebrating our successes and having fun! We focus our efforts on developing talents and, among other things, offer opportunities for everyone to participate in stimulating projects as well as learning opportunities and feedback / coaching that allow them to succeed, develop and flourish professionally.
Enerkem also offers a total compensation package that includes competitive salary, performance bonus, and comprehensive benefits to meet all the needs of our employees and their families, including telemedicine.
And that's not all, here are some other unique benefits:
- $ 400 credit for health care and / or physical activities to support the well-being of our employees
- An employee recognition program
- Social activities organized by a committee dedicated to providing fun and promoting well-being
- In the context of COVID-19, we are teleworking, and we provide our employees with the technological tools to allow them to work effectively remotely
- Post COVID, Enerkem will adjust to the "new normal" to meet everyone's needs in the new reality
- Training costs, membership fees and professional association memberships paid
- A flexible working environment with autonomy to take action.
Enerkem subscribes to the principle of equity in employment. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that offers equal opportunities for all, where people of diverse backgrounds and characteristics feel valued, respected, supported and can thrive. These values, which reflect the talent, experience and qualities of our employees, allows us to get the best out of each and every one of us.