- Montreal, QC, Canada
Being part of a growing company in the cleantech sector and contributing to the global transition to a circular economy appeals to you? That’s exactly what our employees do every day when they come to work. Enerkem is based on a revolutionary idea: transforming waste into clean fuels and renewable chemicals. Our Canadian-born solution offers an innovative and sustainable alternative to landfilling and incineration while reducing dependency on fossil fuels.
Such an ambitious mission requires people who strive to make a difference. Our employees are the best in their field; they are resilient and passionate contributors who transform challenges into opportunities. Our culture values individual ideas and contributions for the company’s success. It’s a place where you can lead and inspire others within a creative and dynamic team.
Enerkem subscribes to the principle of equity in employment. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that offers equal opportunities for all, where people of diverse backgrounds and characteristics feel valued, respected, supported and can thrive. These values, which reflect the talent, experience and qualities of our employees, allows us to get the best out of each and every one of us.
You are recognized for your exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork and communication skills; there isn’t much about solution architectural in structure, design, technology and infrastructure that you don’t know. Also, you are looking to have an impact, in your job, your workplace, and the World too, by working for a company that brings innovation to another level.
You will provide solution architectural direction in structure, design, technology and infrastructure, as part of the process of developing, customizing, integrating and maintaining systems for Enerkem. You will work closely with the IT and Process improvements team as a solution architect and will be responsible for delivering the overall project/solution architecture in collaboration with the domain experts. You will be responsible for the architecture & design of quality applications and must advise development teams on technological and functional aspects (techniques and functionalities).
Upon your arrival, you will support the IT team in in achieving the main milestones for our current and future projects. You will report to the Senior Director, Information Technology. This is an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team as you enrich your career and work on Enerkem’s unique and disruptive technology.
Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Architect applications and technology solutions in a medium to mission-critical environment
- Participate actively in the establishment of the solution architecture function at Enerkem and provide thought leadership in elements of the IT strategy
- Provide expertise and counsel to ensure project and engineering teams as well as other business units understand the architectural options and technology choices in support of their business initiatives
- Assess viability/priority of projects/initiatives and ensure architecture issues are clearly communicated
- Research/analyze business requirements to evaluate and recommend optimal solutions
- Document non-functional requirements by associating measurable qualities with practical cases or creating scenarios
- Contribute to meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, within budget, and adhering to relevant standards
- Lead the development of project charters
- Formalize the logical level of architectures and may be called upon to participate at their physical levels based on specific expertise needs
- Understand, advocate and supports the enterprise’s IT strategies
- Ensure architectural consistency and coherence between technical and business processes through systems analysis and design, system modeling, performance modeling, integration planning and technology and component selection
- Ensure that the proposed project/solution architecture meets the business & technology objectives
- Responsible of the cohesion of the proposed solution architecture with the enterprise architecture principles and target state
- Play a technical leadership role in all aspects of the project life cycle, from the solution inception, the initial kickoff through the requirements analysis, design and implementation
- Act as a catalyst for continued improvement in processes and tools
- Support the business sector in defining its needs and directing it towards appropriate solutions as part of a major and strategic business project for the organization
- Ensure alignment between application architectures, technological architectures, business processes and work organization supporting service delivery;
- Advise and support the management team in the decisions and direction of the project.
- University degree in computer science or equivalent years of experience
- Ten years of IT experience and five to eight years of experience on large-scale projects and in solution/projects architecture
- Experience working with System Integrators (SIs) and/or implementations of vendor products is also an asset
- Experience with ERP (Microsoft, Oracle, etc.) implementation considered an asset
- Experience with developing solutions in a heterogeneous applicative environments
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Experience in Plant operational software (DCS, Security, …)
- Have worked for at least 5 years as an architect having coordinated and carried out feasibility or design studies, implementing complex solution architectures in which multiple experts contribute such as:
- business and process architects;
- functional architects;
- technological architects;
- data architects;
- organic architects;
- Have worked for at least 4 years to define roadmaps
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required
- Self-motivated, dynamic, and result-oriented team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork and communication skills
- Able to develop in Microsoft technology and languages (.Net, C#, PowerBI, Sharepoint)
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles
- Knowledge of UML, Web 2.0 techniques, and data modeling an asset
- Comfortable and able to work with details as well as the big picture
- Familiarity with the IT application development life cycle
- Social activities and environmental initiatives
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities
- A group insurance plan to meet all your and your family's needs, including telemedicine
- $400 credit for health and fitness expenses
- Paid professional dues and memberships
- Flexible work environment.