- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Enerkem Inc. is the first company in the world to commercially produce biofuels and green chemical products from non-recyclable and non-compostable waste. Our highly qualified employees are proud to be part of a company that is renowned throughout the world. Since 2009, Enerkem has been among the world’s 50 most-watched companies in the bioenergy sector, according to Biofuels Digest, and from 2010 to 2015 we have also been listed on the prestigious Global Cleantech 100, the clean technology companies most likely to significantly influence the market in the next five to ten years.
Enerkem is offering you a unique opportunity to kick-start your career and at the same time contribute to the growth of the company. Enerkem is seeking someone who is undaunted by challenges and inspired by a dynamic environment, someone who sees opportunities where others might see obstacles. The ideal candidate has the skills and competencies to work in collaboration with internal clients in order to pursue continuous improvement and efficiency gains in a constantly changing and growing organization. The candidate must be ambitious, able to demonstrate resiliency and flexibility, and motivated by the opportunity to advance both professionally and personally by working with high-calibre professionals.
The lab technician will provide support to the laboratory quality control program of the Enerkem Alberta Biofuels waste to biofuels facility.
The successful candidate will have a flexible work schedule to allow for some rotations and overtime work (evenings or weekends as needed) to support plant start-up/commisionning activities.
- Conduct sampling of process streams within the operating plant and comply with Health and Safety Policy
- Support lab set up and commissioning of analytical instruments as directed by EAB quality control technicians
- Analyze process streams (gas, process liquids, waste and water) following SOP’s and QA/QC requirements
- Provide data entry for analyses, record keeping and documentation
- Perform predictive maintenance on lab equipment as well as calibrations and routine repairs
- Perform general duties as directed by operation manager
- Prepare samples for external analysis as needed
- NAIT Chemical technician diploma or equivalent training
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of GC, wastewater analysis and Karl Fisher. Specific tests will be taught but the following general knowledge will be helpful:
• The tech will be testing wastewater for ammonia, solids, pH, cyanide and BTEX with GC.
• Karl Fisher analysis on ethanol and methanol.
• GC for gases (light hydrocarbons) and GC for trace components using Agilent and Scion GCs.
- Fast learner, high degree of autonomy with excellent organizational skills
- A positive and motivated team player with a can-do attitude
- Motivated to work during flexible hours
- Comfortable working around an operating plant environment
- Detail oriented, meticulous and quality conscious