Business Development Manager
- Remote Work From Home, Anywhere, USA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Enerex is Retail Energy's trusted data platform, providing secure connectivity the entire value chain: Brokers, Suppliers, Agents, Customers and Utilities to drive efficient transactions.
Our flagship service, Sparkplug is the #1 retail energy sales platform in the world, powering over 10% of US commercial and industrial (C&I) transactions.
This Business Development Manager role will lead all day to day activities to achieve the sales targets of our energy broker platform, Sparkplug. This role will play a vital part in the future success of the organization by being strategic about ways to increase our top line revenue opportunities. Our Business Development Manager will be empowered to own the entire pre-sales process. This includes having input to the marketing strategy, working directly with our Sales Development Manager, sourcing some of your own leads, demo/convincing energy brokerage firms to implement Sparkplug, thinking of new ways to generate revenue by providing additional value adds for energy brokerage firms and contract negotiation. The ideal candidate is driven, a self-starter, solution focused, passionate and is proactive in their communication.
It is key for this role to immerse themselves and become a subject matter expert in the life of a retail energy broker. With a strong understanding of technology and the benefits that operational efficiency can bring to an organization, this role will listen to prospects, uncover pain points, explain how other like firms are solving these pain points and drive new Sparkplug clients.
Beyond the normal prospecting, demo, follow-ups, contract negotiation skills that are needed for this position, we will be looking for an analytical mind that likes to be challenged. There are many “add-on” or ancillary services that would benefit a Retail Energy Broker and this role will be key in shaping the future of our new key features on the platform for years to come.
Further Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand custom development opportunities, document in detail all necessary requirements and bring in technical experts where necessary
- Work closely with internal business units: DevOps, Customer Success, Sales Development Resources, and other related business units necessary for client satisfaction and proper hand offs pre and post sale
- Report and communicate opportunities with Powermatrix senior management via documentation within the CRM
- Develop and maintain operational knowledge of the energy market in order to teach, train, and mentor others.
- As requested, attend industry events and participate on phone calls and social media marketing to help market and solicit additional customers.
- 5+ years of experience in energy related business development role or 5+ years of experience in technology demonstrations or sales
- Past demonstration of ability to meet and exceed sales quota
- Work independently on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction.
- Has excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with C-level client relationship building and management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including DEVOPS required.
- Existing knowledge of HubSpot + retail energy sales and operations - would be a strong consideration
- Base salary plus commission on sales
- Health Insurance Premium paid 100% for Employee
- Paid Time Off - 3 weeks + company holidays