IT Systems Engineer
- Baltimore, MD, USA
Encompass (IT) Security Services is a full services technology service provider located in Bowie, MD. Our services range from enterprise planning and implementation to Cyber Security. Our clients include federal, state and local governments, non-profits and other corporate entities.
Encompass offers very competitive compensation packages which includes:
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K - 4% match with immediate vesting
- Direct Deposit
- Educational/Training/Certification Reimbursement
- Professional Membership Fee Reimbursement
- Assist with designing and fielding special purpose systems for critical missions, utilizing the latest virtualization products and recommending hardware procurement.
- Design and support a virtualized windows server environment utilizing VMware & vCenter Server to manage windows virtualization on R&D and live windows server environments.
- Provide day-to-day Information Systems (IS) engineering services to support the operation of the Command's classified and internal special access networks.
- Provide day-to-day infrastructure maintenance for systems.
- Provide system-engineering services to troubleshoot/correct network, system and software failures as reported by network users of the Command network.
- Provide training and support for personnel on network configuration, troubleshooting, operational procedures and use of software packages on the Command network.
- Draft and maintain up-to-date system drawings to accurately reflect the configuration of the Command’s classified computer networks.
- Provide communications network support to on-going Program Management Office (PMO) sponsored research and development programs involving information systems mission requirements as tasked by management.
- Provide general system engineering support to the Command as required and tasked by department management.
- Understand user needs and expectations for functions.
- Understanding of Linux environments from the end user point of view.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Create an IS disaster recovery plan.
- Provide software and hardware architectural analysis.
- Provide testing & evaluation support for network systems.
- Manage software and software license
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with ability to get TS/SCI with Poly
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience or 13 years of related experience.
- Security + CE certification (or any IAT Level 2 certification)
- 4 years of Windows and/or Network experience.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 R2 experience
- VMware expertise. Using ESXi and vSphere version 5.1 and up.
- vCenter Server expertise managing a mid- level enterprise.
- Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy expertise.
- Linux experience: Ubuntu, Red hat, and general Linux experience.
- Basic Network switch and routing experience.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to rack and stack servers. Lift 50lbs or more
- Ability to lead entry level system administrators
- Security Monitoring & Auditing (SCCM) ACAS & Solar Winds tools experience desired.
- Ability to inventory equipment/software and provide list of what’s needed
- Ability to evaluate technologies for factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, usability for implementation, etc.
- Ability to attend building architecture meetings an provide valid input on equipment requirements/needss
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Get notified of other positions
Like us on Facebook.com/EncompassSecure
Follow us on Twitter @EncompassSecure