- Arlington, VA, USA
Encompass (IT) Security Services is a full services technology service provider located in Bowie, MD. Our services range from enterprise planning and implementation to Cyber Security. Our clients include federal, state and local governments, non-profits and other corporate entities.
Encompass offers very competitive compensation packages which includes:
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K - 4% match with immediate vesting
- Direct Deposit
- Educational/Training/Certification Reimbursement
- Professional Membership Fee Reimbursement
Requires Active Sceret Clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
System Engineer will assist in the engineering, design, configuration, installation, planning and security of computer facilities and develop documentation as required and appropriate. This position will focus on maintenance, monitoring, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in the areas of Windows Platform solutions with product specific knowledge of Microsoft Windows server 2012 or above, and related MS products.
- Coordinates efforts onsite with and reports results to the agency's Director of IT.
- Ability to maintain and configure the following: Windows Platform; servers and local storage; file and share access; print and document services; servers for remote management; IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Deploys and configures DHCP and DNS services
- Creates and manages Active Directory users and computers, OUs, GPOs
- Configures application restriction policies and Windows Firewall
- Deploys and manages server images
- Implements patch management
- Performs routine proactive system monitoring and maintenance using automated tools or manual observation
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and resolves issues in response to user trouble tickets
- Maintains network infrastructures services, highly available network services, server virtualization infrastructure, and identity and access solutions
- Performs Datacenter Management, including:
Installs the System Center Infrastructure
Configures System Center components, portals, dashboards, storage fabric and network fabric
Configures and manages the deployment and updating servers
Monitors network devices, servers, virtualization, application health
Implements automation and service offerings
Manages compliance, configuration, and updates
Implements backup and recovery
Configures cloud integration including public and private clouds.
- Develops/maintains systems configurations and executes administration and operational duties on computer systems while maintaining data/information as required.
- Analyzes, evaluates and tests software and hardware to provide issue/problem resolution.
- Installs, configures and maintains commercial off‐the‐shelf products. Regularly prepares activity and progress reports regarding support activities.
- Acts as a systems resource for all users.
- Assists in the installation, planning and security of computer facilities and organizes training or develops system documentation as required and appropriate.Experience with ITIL, CMMI, and/or PMP processes and implementation.
Must be able to work in a multi-functional, fast paced, high intensity team environment, work closely with other contractors/vendors as well as our customer directly, provide ad hoc advice/presentation support/attend meetings as needed with little or no notice
- Must be mature self-starter who requires minimal direction and can work independently when needed
- Must be able to work with the team, network engineers, for software and configuration of the network in collaboration with customer and other contractors involved in the project
- Must be available to work weekends and after hours when needed on occassion
- Must be able to communicate well, frequently and clearly with the customer in every step of the design, configuration, installation, testing, operational support, etc.
- Min 5 years experience deploying, configuring, administering and troubleshooting Windows-based server and related infrastructures
- Experience with storage, backup and recovery systems.
- Prior experience contracting at Federal agencies and working directly with Federal customers and end users is preferred
- Experience with VMWare virtualized infrastructures. Hyper V knowledge and hands-on experience is a significant plus.
- Experience with cloud implementations and maintenance is strongly desired; previous MS Azure knowledge is a major plus
- Preferred experience with Palo Alto Firewalls using Global Protect and familiarity with the functions of Wildfire and ATP
- Preferred experince with Pulse Secure Connect Appliance as VPN gateway.
- Prefered experience security monoring tools such as Splunk, Lightcyber, Sentinel. Experience with Juniper routers and switches.
The following certifications are desired, but not mandatory:
- MCSA 2012
- MCP in Azure or Server 2012
Requires Active Sceret Clearance, with the ability to be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Get notified of other positions
Like us on Facebook.com/EncompassSecure
Follow us on Twitter @EncompassSecure