Full Stack Developer (backend/NodeJS focus)
- 121 Sussex St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Have you been dreaming about a workplace that will encourage you to bring your best self to work every day, no matter what that looks like? Is a company with strong values and truly flexible work/life balance important to your “why” ? Would working for a B2B SaaS tech organisation in an exciting high-growth phase, with a supportive and fun team culture add to why you love what you do every day? Then perhaps your career’s next step is with Enboarder…
A little about us
A B2B SaaS HR tech company, we transform employee onboarding into an ongoing, engaging, rich and consistent experience. That’s why we call it ‘experience-driven’ onboarding. By providing all the tools necessary for organizations to maximize employee engagement for today’s digital generation, we enable HR to design beautiful, engaging digital content that delivers automatically along bespoke timelines straight to mobile.
About the role
As a full stack developer you will work with our team to develop, maintain and improve the Enboarder product, a web application. A true Agile environment, you will be adaptable and respond well to changes to sprints along the product roadmap as we juggle new features, maintenance, and enhancements that keep our customers happy.
You will help the team by:
- Working on Backend applications on Node JS
- Working on new product initiatives using the latest technologies
- Some working knowledge of React an advantage
- Working on AWS Serverless framework to build new product features using AWS Gateway and Lambda - Not essential knowledge, we can teach this!
- Writing standards compliant code including unit testing
- Collaborating with various teams to define the information architecture, advocating Web interaction design best practices with a focus on consistency and usability.
- Contributing to technical discussions as and when needed.
- Ensuring that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organisation.
- Ensuring company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
You are a self-starter, happy to collaborate with peers in multiple teams, in multiple locations (the Engineering team is in both Sydney and India, and we have staff in the US and UK and growing!) Other key attributes:
- Ability to work across multiple projects
- Can switch between tasks with a smile
- Well versed in Agile methodologies
- Great problem solving skills & dealing with complex data patterns & structures
- Exceptional communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in technology related studies (ICT, programming, development)
- 2-3+ years experience in software development across large scale systems
- Solid experience in Node JS
- Sound knowledge in React, in particular React hooks
- Solid understanding of Databases including DynamoDB and NoSQL
- Knowledge using Rest APIs to integrate backend systems
- Exposure to AWS Serverless architecture will be an advantage
- An understanding of microservice architecture will be an advantage
- Experience using frontend design systems, such as material UI, will be an advantage
Why work for us?
- We offer the standard perks that other tech companies do (equity, new tech, flexibility), but with heaps of global exposure
- True work/life balance
- We have a culture of work smart, play hard, with a team goal focus with Team Play being one of 5 company values.
- We use all the best tech to both support the flexibility but to ensure our product remains best in class and our customers are satisfied
- We have parental leave policies that match the big guys
- Oh, and your onboarding will be world class. We guarantee a ‘WOW’.
Think this sounds like a match made in heaven? What’s next...
Someone who shares our values and displays the same spirited and untiring energy is what really counts. Apply now with a cover letter showing us who you are, how you work and why you are attracted to this role. We like quirks so get creative and show us some fun!
Here at Enboarder we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be treated with the strictest confidence, and all information collected will be stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.