Junior DevOps Engineer
- 121 Sussex St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Have you been dreaming about a workplace that will encourage you to bring your best self to work every day, no matter what that looks like? Is a company with strong values and truly flexible work/life balance important to your “why” ? Would working for a B2B SaaS tech organisation in an exciting high-growth phase, with a supportive and fun team culture add to why you love what you do every day? Then perhaps your career’s next step is with Enboarder…
A little about us
A B2B SaaS HR tech company, we transform employee onboarding into an ongoing, engaging, rich and consistent experience. That’s why we call it ‘experience-driven’ onboarding. By providing all the tools necessary for organisations to maximise employee engagement for today’s digital generation, we enable HR to design beautiful, engaging digital content that delivers automatically along bespoke timelines straight to mobile.
About the role
Enboarder is poised to become the undisputed market leader within experience-driven onboarding! We’re now looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team as we gear up the business to meet our newly set 2021 vision and initiatives.
You will be joining a collaborative and hard working Devops team to build and scale an exciting international platform for their customers that is robust, secure and scalable.
As Junior DevOps Engineer, you’ll also:
- Lots and lots of learning, shadowing and hands on work!
- Be part of a team with day-to-day operational responsibilities for customer facing online services
- Assist the team with evolving/designing and working on all aspects of AWS, including networking, infrastructure, serverless, containers, content delivery, security etc
- Deploy, support and monitor new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks
- Learn about performance tuning/security recommendations for mission critical platforms and infrastructure
- Assist the team to build and manage infrastructure and applications CI/CD pipelines
- Assist the team to enhance, build and deploy standard operating environments
- Create useful and effective documentation
First and foremost, you will live the same values as us (more about those on our company website). Our team culture is the most critical element as we move through this growth phase. Following closely behind that is a passion for what you do, and motivation to do great things. We want people who are excited to get out of bed every day to be an integral part of the success here at Enboarder – We love Mondays just as much as Fridays here.
What you'll need:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline, or demonstrable equivalent skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Understanding of cloud hosting platforms such as AWS
- Experience with automated code version control and deployment systems such as Git
- Experience with common languages such as python, shell, nodejs etc
- Proficient problem solving skills with the ability to diagnose and solve problems encountered
- Proficient communication skills with proven ability to work in a team and convey ideas in a clear and concise manner to a range of audiences
What will make you stand out
- Experience with AWS - Networking
- Experience with Infrastructure as code – Cloudformation
- Experience with Monitoring platforms such as Sumologic, Datadog
- Experience with CI/CD processes – Gitlab
What we can offer you
- A huge amount of learning, mentoring and exposure to all aspects of an end to end DevOps role
- We offer most of the standard perks that other start-ups do (equity, newest tech, flexibility), but with heaps of global exposure
- We have a culture of work smart, play hard, with a team goal focus. Team Play being one of 5 company values
- We are global - you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively and build connections in India, EMEA and the US
- Inclusive, fun, collaborative culture with extra personal leave days for development
- Dog friendly office and regular team events, international annual conference in Australia (covid dependant)
Think this sounds like a match made in heaven? What’s next...
Someone who shares our values and displays the same spirited and untiring energy is what really counts. Apply now with a cover letter showing us who you are, how you work and why you are attracted to this role. We like quirks so get creative and show us some fun!
Here at Enboarder we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be treated with the strictest confidence, and all information collected will be stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles.