- 73 York St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Have you been dreaming about a workplace that will encourage you to bring your best self to work every day, no matter what that looks like? Is a company with strong values and truly flexible work/life balance important to your “why” ? Would working for a B2B SaaS tech organisation in an exciting high-growth phase, with a supportive and fun team culture add to why you love what you do every day? Then perhaps your journey's next step is with Enboarder…
A little about us
A B2B SaaS HR tech company, we transform employee onboarding into an ongoing, engaging, rich and consistent experience. That’s why we call it ‘experience-driven’ onboarding. By providing all the tools necessary for organisations to maximise employee engagement for today’s digital generation, we enable HR to design beautiful, engaging digital content that delivers automatically along bespoke timelines straight to mobile.
About the opportunity
Due to huge success, we are now approaching an exciting high growth phase! As such, we are looking for an additional FrontEnd Developer in our Sydney office that will be working across the entire Enboarder stack adding new capabilities, features and tools to our product. You'll need a strong background in building product and tools, comfortable with lot of moving parts, and comfortable learning new technologies. You should be enthusiastic working with a variety of diverse backgrounds across multiple departments, as collaboration is the key to success!
What you’ll do:
- Work with developers and other teams across the company to build new features and tools.
- Add new product features using NodeJS language.
- Write code which is micro services complaint and can be reused.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Collaborate with experts in product, design, and operations.
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt
- We roll out code to production every 2 weeks
- We’re big fans of micro services architecture and are moving lot of product towards micro services
- We like to experiment with new features and do not see failures as bad, but building blocks for future features
- We use AWS as our infrastructure and continually improve. We provide ample opportunities to learn and use new AWS features
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Engineers are expected to understand and have product input, designing systems towards our long-term product vision
- Our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building
- What we build today will be the foundation for other systems in the future
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster
First and foremost, you’ll live the same values as us (more about those at the bottom of this page). Our team culture is the most critical element as we move through this high growth phase. Following closely behind that is a passion for what you do, and motivation to do great things. We want people who are excited to get out of bed every day to be an integral part of the success at Enboarder – We love Mondays just as much as Fridays here.
What you'll need to succeed
- Enjoy being a generalist, working on both the frontend, backend, and everything in between to tackle problems and delight customers.
- Strong thought processes about tools and services, and write high quality code.
- Ability to write code using NodeJs, AngularJs, React and other languages like Python, shell scripts
- Strong knowledge of Databases (either NoSql or RDBMS)
- Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Ability to put yourself in the shoes of your users, and create an intuitive, delightful experience.
- Good understanding around Security for Web Applications and backend processes. Security is very important for us!
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Willingness to stitch many different services and processes together, even if you have not worked with them before
- Experience reporting and Analytics tools, your experience will be valuable
- Experience working with integrations across various systems using APIs or messages that experience will also be valuable.
Why work for us?
- Training and development where required, with the opportunity to learn as you go
- We have a culture of work smart, play hard, with a team goal focus with Team Play being one of 5 company values.
- We are far from a face time company. No 9 to 5’s here. You will be empowered to work flexibly to suit your lifestyle.
- Oh, and your onboarding will be world class. We guarantee a ‘WOW’.
Think this sounds like great opportunity? What’s next...
Someone who shares our values, and displays the same spirited and untiring energy is what really counts. Apply now with a cover letter showing us who you are, how you work and why you are attracted to this role. We like quirks so get creative and show us some fun!
* As this role is based in our Sydney HQ, only those with working rights are eligible to apply
Here at Enboarder we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be treated with the strictest confidence, and all information collected will be stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.