Senior Front End Developer
- 73 York St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Have you been dreaming about a workplace that will encourage you to bring your best self to work every day, no matter what that looks like? Is a company with strong values and truly flexible work/life balance important to your “why” ? Would working for a B2B SaaS tech organisation in an exciting high-growth phase, with a supportive and fun team culture add to why you love what you do every day? Then perhaps your career’s next step is with Enboarder…
A little about us
A B2B SaaS HR tech company (what a mouthful!) founded in Sydney, Australia in 2015. In that time we have grown from two people with a brilliant idea, to 40 people across Australia, EMEA and the US. We transform employee onboarding into an ongoing, engaging, rich and consistent experience. That’s why we call it ‘experience-driven’ onboarding. By providing all the tools necessary for organisations to maximise employee engagement for today’s digital generation, we enable HR to design beautiful, engaging digital content that delivers automatically along bespoke timelines straight to mobile.
About the opportunity
The Sr. Front End Developer will be responsible for Front end programming with HTML5, CSS3, React JS and Angular JS. The primary focus of the role will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). This role will also require you to ensure that these components and the overall applications are robust and easy to maintain.
You’ll also coordinate with the rest of the (highly collaborative and knowledgeable) team that will be working on different layers of the infrastructure. As such, you’ll need a real “team-first” commitment to collaborative problem solving, passion for sophisticated design, and a high level of accountability for ensuring a quality product is important.
First and foremost, you’ll live the same values as us (more about those under our Company Description). Our team culture is the most critical element as we move through this high growth phase. Following closely behind that is a passion for what you do, and motivation to do great things. We want people who are excited to get out of bed every day to be an integral part of the success of Enboarder – We love Mondays just as much as Fridays here.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Thorough understanding of Frontend frameworks like React and Angular and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Strong knowledge building responsive UI design and core understanding of cross browsers behaviours including IE11 and up
- Material CSS and JS frameworks like Material UI and Angular Material UI and CSS frameworks like LESS/SASS
- Knowledge of modern authorisation mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Atom, Visual Code, Eclipse, Postman etc
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
- Ability to achieve results working independently with limited guidance
- Basic understanding of relational databases (tables, views, indexes, functions, and replication)
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
What we can offer you?
- Competitive compensation and all the standard perks that other start-ups do (options, best tech, flexibility, social events, paid parental leave), but with heaps of global exposure
- We maintain a true culture of work smart, play hard, where most of our goals are team goals. When the team wins, we all win
- We are far from a face-time company. No 9 to 5's here. You will be empowered to work autonomously to suit your lifestyle
- All the best tech gear, and a supportive team to help you get the job done!
Think this sounds like a match made in heaven? What’s next...
Someone who shares our values and displays the same spirited and untiring energy is what really counts. Apply now with a cover letter showing us who you are, how you work and why you are attracted to this role. We like quirks so get creative and show us some fun!
** Due to visa restrictions, only those with full working rights in Australia will be considered.
Here at Enboarder we pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be treated with the strictest confidence, and all information collected will be stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles.