EnPower, Inc. is a privately-held company commercializing next-generation Li-ion batteries that have fast-charging and long cycle-life capabilities—critical enablers to the mass electrification of vehicles. Headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, we have the capacity to produce hundreds of megawatt hours annually. We are passionate about what we do and are looking for high-voltage, high-ampere individuals to join our team!
- Clean and assemble process equipment and perform machine setups and changeovers according to the production schedule.
- Work with the Process and Cell Engineers to complete production tasks to meet daily and weekly production goals.
- Provide direction and training to Production Associates on proper equipment operation.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs and assist engineering with electrical and controls engineering hardware and software
- Learn detailed operation of equipment and control procedures for mixing, coating, calendaring, slitting, punching, and assembly.
- Evaluate and maintain accurate critical-to-quality material measurements and process measurements to assure quality.
- Identify and maintain accurate inventory of supplies and materials needed for production.
- Understand the customer driven product specifications and maintain statistical quality control data where required.
- Keep a record of production data.
- Ensure that the workspace is clean and neat and that production materials are being handled properly.
- Maintain a safe workplace and actively participate to correct any unsafe conditions or unsafe behaviors.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Two-year technical or Associate Degree preferred.
- At least 2-4 years of hands-on machine setup experience in a manufacturing environment. Preferred battery manufacturing or related field.
- Experience and knowledge of equipment and operations used in mixing, coating, calendaring, and assembly operations
- Ability to write and maintain accurate Standard Operational Procedures for Manufacturing Processes.
- Knowledge of health and safety laws pertaining to production operations.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Perform the following for extended periods of time:
- Standing or sitting
- Repetitive motions and lifting
• Creative, first-principles thinker
• Self-driven, independent, and capable of solving problems
• Willingness to continuously learn
• Effective communicator using precise language
• Ability to work in a diverse, intellectually challenging, and rapid-paced team