EnPower, Inc. is a privately held Li-ion battery company commercializing next-generation cells that solve the energy power trade-off – a critical enabler to the mass electrification of vehicles. Headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, we have the capacity to produce up to 1.5 GWh annually. We are passionate about quietly doing our part to drive the energy transition and we seek high-voltage, high-ampere individuals to join our team! Are you ready to make it happen?
A business partner to facilitate and coordinate financial activities based on financial statements. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. Monitor allotments and expenditures to ensure proper funding exists and maintain proper accounting controls including systems and an environment that assures accurate financial reporting at all times. Principal Job Responsibilities: Responsible for coordinating, administering, and controlling all aspects of the Company’s internal financial operations, including understanding GAAP, supervising and coordinating annual audit, and providing timely proactive information as to the impacts of accounting regulation and interpretation of changes.
- Evaluate, build and lead the accounting and payroll processes
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results of all legal entities
- Evaluate and implement appropriate policies to ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP and ensure records are properly maintained based on a strong internal control environment
- Ensure financial systems are appropriate for the current and future stage of the Company and are developed, tested, implemented and maintained appropriately
- Coordinate annual budget process; ensure timely distribution of budget guidelines and review, analyze and interpret budgetary input.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly rolling-fifteen month forecast
- Coordinate relationship with external auditors and tax accountants
- Build and motivate a strong accounting team
- Establish operational objectives and assignments and delegate assignments to subordinates
- Evaluate the Company’s day-to-day operations to recommend efficiencies to enable the organization to meet its operational and profitability objectives
- Evaluate the Company’s tax strategy and manage the tax compliance reporting, including property, income, sales, etc.
- Develop and maintain a cost accounting and inventory control process to scale with the operational objectives of the Company
- Prepare and present executive level presentations
- Collaborate cross functionally with Operations regarding the Company’s worldwide manufacturing operations and financial measurements related to its manufacturing relationships and products
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings
- Oversee Company’s legal department including contract review of partnerships, acquisitions, and funding raising as directed by Executive Leadership
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance, MBA a plus
- CPA designation preferred
- 10+ years of experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning
- 5+ years of experience in financial management in manufacturing environment preferred
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, SOX compliance and SEC reporting
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Must be able to develop in depth financial plans and timelines
- Must be able to articulate the financial strategy, concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to lead the execution of financial strategy for the company, partnerships, and external relationships. Presentation: Company-wide, customer, and Executive Team presentations
License & Certification Requirements/Preferences:
- Motivated, independent, and capable of life-work integration
- Appreciate that our mission, Building Better Batteries, is a tool to help us build a better product, drive a strong culture, and raise a resilient company
- Ability to work in a diverse, intellectually challenging, and rapid-paced team
- Must love dogs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.