- 2155 W Pinnacle Peak Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027, USA
EnPower, Inc. is an early-stage startup developing next-generation Li-ion batteries that have fast-charging and long cycle-life capabilities—critical enablers to the mass electrification of vehicles. Our R&D, pilot-manufacturing, and sales operations are based out of our engineering facility & headquarters located in the north Phoenix - Deer Valley area where we are producing hundreds of >3.0Ah pouch cells per week. We are passionate about what we do, and are looking for high-voltage, high-ampere individuals to join our team!
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of financial recordkeeping, ensuring accurate and timely month-end close of accounting records and managing the office environment.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting background with a strong understanding of GAAP. This person will also have a great, outgoing personality, outstanding organization skills, and initiative. The candidate should be able to work independently, but also function in a team environment. This position requires you to be technical in nature, handle a variety of tasks and be able to shift focus quickly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Including but not limited to:
- Prepare accurate month-end and quarter-end financial close activities in accordance with US GAAP within the required deadlines
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, etc.
- Monthly Balance Sheet fluctuation analysis
- Multi-states sales tax administration
- Review Sales Order, Agreement or Customer purchase order, Proof of Delivery (POD) to ensure compliance with US GAAP revenue recognition requirements
- Prepare and post sales invoices and follow up regarding open invoices, collection, etc
- Maintain Bill.com accounts payable system
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Support management for activities such as vendor reconciliations, 1099 preparation, internal and external audits, etc.
- Other ad hoc projects as required
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5 years of experience
- Experience with QBO preferred or similar accounting product required
- Detail-oriented, excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members
- Excellent computer proficiency with MS-Office Suite, including advanced knowledge in Excel, as well as financial software.
- Ability to effectively interact internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment, while timely meeting deadlines
• Self-driven, independent, and capable of solving problems on the fly
• Passionate about the work, the team, and the planet
• Servant leader that understands that our employees and customers are our focus
• Ability to work in a diverse, intellectually-challenging, and rapid-paced team
• Must love dogs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.