Technical Marketing Specialist
- 2155 W Pinnacle Peak Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027, USA
EnPower, Inc. is an early-stage startup developing next-generation Li-ion batteries that have fast-charging and long cycle-life capabilities—critical enablers to the mass electrification of vehicles. Our headquarters is located in the north Phoenix - Deer Valley area, just one mile from our R&D pilot manufacturing center. We are passionate about what we do, and are looking for high-voltage, high-ampere individuals to join our team!
The Technical Marketing Specialist will support the creation of sales and marketing content for advanced Lithium-ion battery technology and product lines. You will work for the Director, Strategic Marketing and will interface closely with Marketing, Sales, Engineering, and Operations to ensure excellence in communicating EnPower’s unique value proposition. You will work cross-disciplinarily to develop and define clear product features, benefits, and differentiators from competitors’ offerings, and convert those messages into crisp written content and visually appealing presentations. The ideal candidate will have an engineering degree to communicate detailed technical aspects of our products, have strong written and oral communication skills, and have excellent visual design skills in creating presentations.
- Track industry trends in the battery market, especially related to electric vehicles and U.S. battery manufacturing.
- Identify and communicate the key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to our ability to competitively sell our products.
- Research non-dilutive funding sources and manage grant applications.
- Coordinate with Sales and Engineering to understand customer requirements, customer evaluation criteria, and customer strategy.
- Prepare tailored presentation materials and technical collateral to support marketing and sales campaigns.
- Support Strategic Marketing including defining go-to-market strategy, product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Interface closely with Marketing Communications to integrate product marketing into marketing communications campaigns and channels.
- Translate technical product features / details into benefits that appeal to multiple customer audiences.
- Be the project owner for creation of white papers, working with technical experts within EnPower.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering (Preferred) or similar technical degree from a four-year college or university and at least two (2) years related technical marketing experience.
- Outstanding records of academic or professional achievement
- Marketing experience and presentation development experience required, either formally or through prior job experience. Candidates will be requested to share non-confidential examples of previous work products.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with Lithium-ion batteries and how EnPower’s technology fits within the current landscape.
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently, and influence cross-functional teams.
- Ability to effectively network and build beneficial relationships with customers and peers.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
- Superior English reading and writing skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint software. Graphic design software experience is not required, but is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of internet software; spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
• Motivated, independent, and capable of life-work integration
• Appreciate that our mission, Building Better Batteries, is a tool to help us build a better product, drive a strong culture, and raise a resilient company
• Ability to work in a diverse, intellectually challenging, and rapid-paced team
• Must love dogs