- 777 W Pinnacle Peak Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027, USA
EnPower, Inc. is an early-stage startup developing next-generation Li-ion batteries that have fast-charging and long cycle-life capabilities—critical enablers to the mass electrification of vehicles. Our R&D, pilot-manufacturing, and sales operations are based out of our engineering facility & headquarters located in the north Phoenix - Deer Valley area where we are producing hundreds of >3.0Ah pouch cells per week. We are passionate about what we do, and are looking for high-voltage, high-ampere individuals to join our team!
The Cell Engineer at EnPower Inc is responsible for developing the next generation of lithium-ion batteries by carrying out projects from bench scale to pilot-manufacturing scale. You will be expected to design and execute projects to advance the design of battery components (i.e. anode, cathode, electrolyte, separator, etc), and iteratively coordinate with the Cell Engineering Team to translate small-scale concepts to pilot-scale demonstrations of technologies critical to the growth of EnPower Inc. We are seeking candidates with a strong breadth of knowledge across lithium-ion technologies who have demonstrated records of executing projects to completion. Candidates with a strong experimental background in materials characterization, synthesis, and/or processing are welcome to apply.
- Execute on technical projects to solve problems critical to company growth
- Design and test electrode variations in pouch cells to achieve project goals, with attention to detail and emphasis on reliable data generation and analysis
- Execute design of experiments including test protocols, channel management, data analysis and reporting
- Streamline electrochemical data analysis methods
- Source the necessary chemicals, powders, equipment, etc. for execution of experiments
- Maintain current knowledge of the state-of-the-art in lithium-ion battery developments from both academic and industrial settings
- Generate reports and presentations to communicate progress of projects to the technical team
- Thoroughly document experimental steps for efficient knowledge transfer to EnPower’s technical team
- M.S. or PhD., Post Doc in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related with a strong knowledge in electrochemistry
- 2+ years postgraduate experience (industry experience preferred) in energy storage technologies
- Familiarity with and/or the ability to learn electroanalytical techniques (i.e. EIS, LSV, CV, dV/dQ analysis, etc.) in various configurations (two-electrode cell, three-electrode cell, symmetric cells, half cells, full cells)
- Knowledge of materials characterization techniques including, but not limited to: SEM, BET, rheometry, laser particle size analyzers, TGA, XPS, NMR, etc.
Highly preferred qualifications
o Strong technical writing skills with a history of academic/industrial publications, patents, and successful proposals/grants
o Multi-disciplinary, multi-industry diverse background that can bring fresh, outside-the-box ideas to EnPower
o Python skills for data analysis and/or automation and modeling
- Creative, first-principles thinker
- Self-driven, independent, and capable of solving problems on the fly
- Willingness to continuously learn
- Effective communicator using precise language
- Ability to work in a diverse, intellectually-challenging, and rapid-paced team
- Must love dogs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.