Mechanical Lab Technician
- 777 W Pinnacle Peak Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027, USA
EnPower, Inc. is an early-stage startup developing next-generation Li-ion batteries that have fast-charging and long cycle-life capabilities—critical enablers to the mass electrification of vehicles. Our R&D, pilot manufacturing, and sales operations are based out of our engineering facility & headquarters located in the north Phoenix - Deer Valley area. We are passionate about what we do, and are looking for high-voltage,
high-ampere individuals to join our team!
The Mechanical Lab Technician will work intimately with critical manufacturing processes and equipment to produce Li-ion battery prototypes and sub-component products. As a result, you will work closely with engineers and technicians in the Cell Engineering Team.
● Assembling and setting up pump systems for slurry coating
● Disassembling and cleaning pump systems after each coating run
● Setting up and cleaning up mixers for each slurry mix
● Monitor/operate coating, calendering, and punching equipment during production runs
● Provide observations and feedback to Cell Engineering Team on processing challenges of materials
● High School or Associates Degree with experience/focus on Energy & Industrial Technology or a Mechanical background
● 1 years’ experience in lab/production environment (or similar), and familiar with the safe handling of chemicals and pumps
● Detailed work ethic, dexterity, careful observation, and precise communication
● Previous experience with the following will be highly preferred:
o Working with lab-scale and manufacturing equipment
o Experience with equipment maintenance, electromechanical systems, automation equipment, etc.
● Self-driven, independent, and capable of solving problems on the fly
● Effective communicator using precise language
● Ability to work in a diverse, intellectually-challenging, and rapid-paced team
● Must love dogs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.