Director, Cell Engineering
- 777 W Pinnacle Peak Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027, USA
EnPower’s patented advanced cell architectures unlock a $100B market by solving the fundamental tradeoff inherent to Lithium-ion batteries: high power or high energy. Compatible with existing manufacturing lines installed globally, EnPower builds next generation cells with up to 70% more power and 3 times faster charging than today’s best batteries with no impairment to the cell’s cycle life, no additional cost, and without introducing the risk associated with new chemistries. The company's Advanced Technology Group recently demonstrated an intrinsically safe lithium-ion battery, passing the nail penetration test with no smoke or fire. With a 300 kWh/yr. pilot manufacturing facility in Phoenix, AZ, the EnPower team rapidly prototypes 4 – 8 Ahr pouch cells from powders-to-test in under 3 weeks. Traction includes samples to a U.S. government organization and a completed technical evaluation with an automotive OEM.
- Develop and maintain product development strategies and timelines
- Lead internal technical group focusing on both internal and external development programs
- Establish product requirements and links to EnPower technologies
- Manage program schedules and deadlines, with milestone and go/no go decision points
- Identify programs risks and develop mitigation plans
- Build technical team with company growth
- Manage communication within internal technical team, within leadership team, and with business team on external development programs
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in lithium ion battery development with at least two examples of product/platform development
- Track record of delivering developments to mass production
- Hands-on experience in cell assembly and production
- Possess deep reasoning ability from materials to manufacture to solve challenging battery problems
- Strong educational background and credentials, preferably with an advanced degree. M.S. or PhD. in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline with focus on energy storage
- Clear and persuasive communicator, both spoken and written
- Strong team leader
- Dynamic personality and effective leader
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and strong planning capabilities
- Experience in operational trade-offs of cost, safety, quality, etc.
- Self-driven, independent, and capable of solving problems on the fly
- Ability to work in a diverse, intellectually-challenging, and rapid-paced team
- Must love dogs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.