Engineering Intern - Spring/Summer 2020
- 777 W Pinnacle Peak Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027, USA
EnPower, Inc. is an early-stage startup developing next-generation Li-ion batteries that have fast-charging and long cycle-life capabilities—critical enablers to the mass electrification of vehicles. Our R&D, pilot-manufacturing, and sales operations are based out of our engineering facility & headquarters located in the north Phoenix - Deer Valley area. We are passionate about what we do, and are looking for high-voltage, high-ampere individuals to join our team!
EnPower is always interested in bringing on proactive and passionate individuals through its internship opportunities. We view it as a great way to invest in young, energetic, world-class talent early on, and a direct pipeline into full-time roles within the company. As a multi-disciplinary team commercializing critical technologies for electric mobility and other markets, EnPower's technical breadth encompasses materials science at the nano-scale, process optimizations at the micro-scale, manufacturing hardware engineering on the macro-scale, electrical engineering for integrated systems, software engineering for sample tracking, and more! We're an execution-focused team with rapidly evolving needs, and thus we gravitate towards versatile, "roll-your-sleeves-up" type engineers.
If any of this excites you, please don't hesitate to submit a resume and cover letter! We may just have a project in mind that could use your expertise, or you may just have one in mind for us to implement!
- Working towards a B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Materials Science, Industrial Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or other engineering discipline
- Ability to dedicate a minimum of 12 weeks, or co-op during the semester
- Self-driven, independent, and capable of solving problems on the fly
- Effective communicator using precise language
- Ability to work in a diverse, intellectually-challenging, and rapid-paced team
- Must love dogs
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.