R & D Technician
- 777 W Pinnacle Peak Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85027, USA
EnPower, Inc. is an early-stage startup developing next-generation Li-ion batteries that have fast-charging and long cycle-life capabilities—critical enablers to the mass electrification of vehicles. Our R&D, pilot-manufacturing, and sales operations are based out of our engineering facility & headquarters located in the north Phoenix - Deer Valley area. We are passionate about what we do, and are looking for high-voltage, high-ampere individuals to join our team!
The R&D Technician will be responsible for the fabrication and testing of R&D-scale battery prototypes. The R&D Technician will play an integral role in the Cell Engineering Team, as successful demonstrations and developments at the R&D-scale will be quickly translated into pilot-scale implementations. Specifically, the R&D Technician will be responsible for mixing small slurry batches, doctor-blade coating electrodes, and assembling coin cell prototypes to evaluate material properties. Additionally, the R&D Technician may be responsible for disassembling commercial cells for internal research and development purposes. Experience working in a R&D laboratory environment required. Experience with cell assembly in a glovebox and doctor-blade casting electrodes highly preferred.
- Mixing small slurry batches to test formulation concepts and assist in their translation into pilotscale mixing
- Doctor-blade coating electrodes and preparing coin cells for materials analysis. Lead cell prototyping efforts for internal research purposes
- Loading, testing, and monitoring coin cell tests in incubators
- Updating company databases with cell testing data and status
- Cleaning data as necessary and assist in data analysis
B.S. in Materials Science, Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in a lab environment and familiar with the safe handling of materials Experience with data collection, analysis, database management, and automation. Experience with the following will be highly preferred: Python (pandas, matplotlib, etc.)
- Detailed work ethic, highly organized, and precise communication • Previous experience with the following will be highly preferred:
- Doctor-blade coating of slurries
- Assembly of coin cells in glove box o Testing electrochemical devices and operating equipment such as galvanostats, potentiostats, EIS/FRA, etc.
- Other relevant experience in the manufacture/testing of Li-ion batteries
- Self-driven, independent, and capable of solving problems on the fly
- Effective communicator using precise language
- Ability to work in a diverse, intellectually-challenging, and rapid-paced team
- Must love dogs
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.