Analyst, Finance and Operations
- Miami preferred, other US EST locations considered, FL, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Forests are crucial to all life on Earth. They capture and store carbon and are one of the most promising, large-scale, and cost-effective opportunities to combat climate change. Rainforests also sustain rainfalls, food supply, vital ecosystems, and livelihoods for over a billion people. Protecting them is not just a moral imperative, it is essential for a stable, prosperous, and sustainable future for us all. As the COVID-19 crisis highlights, we live in a fragile and interconnected world where sustainability cannot be taken for granted.
There is increasing recognition of the urgency of climate change. The Paris Agreement in 2015 committed governments to keep the increase in global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels. 760 major corporations have committed to climate neutrality, and over 40 countries have implemented some form of carbon pricing scheme. After two decades of putting necessary, effective, high integrity standards and market mechanisms in place, The Emergent Forest Finance Accelerator (“Emergent”) has the historic opportunity to channel this momentum to solving the deforestation crisis.
Emergent helps safeguard the world’s tropical forests by building a global market for forest carbon credits. Countries generate these credits by reducing deforestation and tropical deforestation (called “REDD+”). For forest countries, Emergent provides a guaranteed source of demand by facilitating access to a range of high-volume buyers, backed by a purchase guarantee from donors, giving countries the certainty need-ed to make investments in forest protection and chart a new course. For buyers, Emergent provides access to the highest-quality REDD+ credits, enabling them to meet their climate neutrality goals.
The Analyst, Finance and Operations provides high-level support to Emergent’s Finance and Operations team through a broad range of duties, including processing vendor invoices and expense reimbursements, filing and maintaining accounting and procurement records, processing payroll, assisting with recruitment, assisting with audits, and other general and administrative tasks. The Analyst, Finance and Operations must be reliable, detail oriented, and trustworthy. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of accounting principles, previous QuickBooks experience, and previous accounting experience, preferably in a not-for-profit setting.
- Process vendor invoices and expense reimbursements;
- Electronically file vendor invoices, contracts, and agreements;
- Maintain an accurate and organized electronic filing system of all accounting records and reports;
- Monitor and ensure completeness of procurement records and documentation;
- Process payroll;
- Prepare monthly credit card reports;
- Enter journal entries into the accounting system;
- Reconcile bank accounts;
- Assist with the annual financial statement and grant audits;
- Assist with recruitment, and
- Perform other accounting and administrative tasks, as needed.
Requirements of the Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field preferred;
- At least 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a not-for-profit setting;
- Solid understanding of accounting principles;
- Experience with QuickBooks;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel);
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- English fluency a must; Spanish a bonus.
Applicants must have work authorization in the US.
Emergent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, local or other applicable laws.
Please include your cover letter and resume as a single PDF document when applying.