- New York, Miami, or Barcelona preferred, other US EST/ CST and Spain locations considered, OTHER
- Employees can work remotely
Forests are crucial to all life on Earth. They capture and store carbon and are one of the most promising, large-scale, and cost-effective opportunities to combat climate change. Rainforests also sustain rainfalls, food supply, vital ecosystems, and livelihoods for over a billion people. Protecting them is not just a moral imperative, it is essential for a stable, prosperous, and sustainable future for us all. As the COVID-19 crisis highlights, we live in a fragile and interconnected world where sustainability cannot be taken for granted.
There is increasing recognition of the urgency of climate change. The Paris Agreement in 2015 committed governments to keep the increase in global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels. 760 major corporations have committed to climate neutrality, and over 40 countries have implemented some form of carbon pricing scheme. After two decades of putting necessary, effective, high integrity standards and market mechanisms in place, Emergent Forest Finance Accelerator (“Emergent”) has the historic opportunity to channel this momentum to solving the deforestation crisis.
Emergent helps safeguard the world’s tropical forests by building a global market for forest carbon credits. Countries generate these credits by reducing deforestation and tropical deforestation (called “REDD+”). For forest countries, Emergent provides a guaranteed source of demand by facilitating access to a range of high-volume buyers, backed by a purchase guarantee from donors, giving countries the certainty need-ed to make investments in forest protection and chart a new course. For buyers, Emergent provides access to the highest-quality REDD+ credits, enabling them to meet their climate neutrality goals.
Location: New York, Miami, or Barcelona preferred; other US EST/ CST and Spain locations considered.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level support to Emergent’s executive team through a broad range of administrative duties. The Executive Assistant also plays a key role in the coordination and execution of Emergent’s events, webinars, and conference and participates in all stages of the event life cycle. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Schedule meetings for Emergent’s executive team;
- Attend meetings, take notes, and record minutes;
- Coordinate communications and interface with staff and external partners on behalf of executive team members;
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance; and
- Make travel arrangements for executive team members.
- Prepare and manage the event agenda;
- Manage bookings for speakers and facilitators;
- Coordinate travel and logistics for speakers and facilitators;
- Organize and manage event participant lists, save-the-dates, and invitations;
- Assist with the set-up and oversight of event technology components;
- Provide support on the day of the event; as needed;
- Take notes; and
- Draft and send post-event correspondence.
Requirements of the Role
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment; and
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience providing administrative and executive level support, preferably with a not-for-profit organization;
- Prior event experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Fluency in webinar platform administration and F2F and virtual event logistics;
- Fluency in CRM interfaces desired;
- Knowledge of event awareness boosting using social media;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat (or equivalent); and
- English fluency a must; Spanish, Portuguese, and/ or French fluency preferred.
Applicants must have work authorization in the US or Europe.
Emergent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, local or other applicable laws.
Please include your cover letter and resume as a single PDF document when applying.