- S Estes Dr, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Engaged Media Inc.(EMI), produces rich editorial content in key enthusiast markets including automotive, homes, outdoor and action sports segments. EMI carries a well-diversified group of products that have been around as long as 50 years. Our magazine division (titles including Gun World, Romantic Homes, and Diesel World) has proven over the years to successfully fulfill the needs of our readers, advertisers, and retailers.
EMI has over 15 web-sites and currently launching various digital phone apps that will allow us to further diversify our culture and strategy. We strategically utilize multiple office settings around the world, including India and the Philippines, and are able to provide some of the best products in the business that provides growth and return in the United States. Our headquarters are in California.
We bring entertainment and information to automotive, homes, outdoor and food enthusiasts and support communities where they can share their passions.
Our magazines, web sites, apps, books, products, and videos provide the best information to enthusiasts, while our communities allow them to share with others who have similar interests.
We are a well-established magazine publisher with a strong presence in traditional print publishing. We are looking for a passionate website manager to plan and edit website content, oversee layout, and guarantee the quality of our digital sites on a day-to-day basis. The successful candidate will be a skilled writer, with an eye for detail and an understanding of the special requirements of web writing and publishing. The candidate must also have direct hands-on experience managing websites using WordPress. The candidate will be accountable for key performance indicators including site traffic, unique visitors, dwell time, email list growth, and ad volume. Our goal is to produce creative websites that appeal to our audiences in select, well-defined categories.
- Produce and publish new digital content in a creative way
- Liaise with clients and in-house team members to decide on new posts
- Oversee website layout (images, graphics, videos and artwork)
- Check content for accuracy
- Proofread and edit material
- Collaborate with professionals (e.g. web designers, sales representatives, marketing executives and art directors) to improve article presentation
- Deploy SEO and social media to build site traffic
- Ensure content is up-to-date
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations
- Monitor website’s traffic to measure popularity
- Keep track of developments in web technology
- Video editing experience a plus
- Proven work experience as a web editor with a portfolio of published work
- In-depth experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud and other publishing tools
- Minimum 2-years experience managing websites
- Working knowledge of SEO and social media tactics and strategies
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Creative mind
- 4-year college degree in journalism, communications or related field a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.