- 2222 Sedwick Rd, Durham, NC 27713, USA
Eli Global, LLC (“Eli Global”) is a privately-held conglomeration of over 100 autonomous companies serving the needs of our clients in industries including insurance, financial services, healthcare services, revenue cycle management, information technology, marketing and sales, publishing, distribution, market research, business information, and more. Founded in 1991, Eli Global has 7,500 people working in more than 20 countries. Additional information can be found at www.EliGlobal.com.
We’re looking for driven, enthusiastic self-starters who have strong attention to detail and excel at managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. The right candidate will be a strong technician with an entrepreneurial attitude who enjoys learning new things and expanding boundaries. He or she should be customer service oriented but uncompromising on security issues with a strong focus on building sound processes across the organization’s infrastructure that provide a stable and secure technology environment.
As the Systems Engineer you are responsible for providing technical expertise and architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, application software, servers, phones, printers, and network areas. The candidate must be self-confident and open to feedback. This role will report to the IT Security Director and collaborate closely with others across the Eli Global family of companies, including executives, staff, and other IT personnel.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, engineering, and administering both virtual and physical platforms, consisting of on premise solutions and in the cloud. You will implement and maintain servers, workstations, network equipment, and various technical platforms as RMM, auditing and logging, ticketing systems, backups, remote administration, SIEM, threat management, patch management, vulnerability management, IDS/IPS, and monitoring equipment.
We are looking for someone with the knowledge and hands-on experience for developing and implementing enterprise-level on premise and cloud technologies to support global operations. Essentially someone who can help design, build, implement, and support the technologies and users across multiple locations and a wide-ranging user base.
- Administer Windows and Mac Operating Systems for personnel
- Manages Windows, VMWare, Azure, and AWS environments
- Build and execute Infrastructure integration plans to support new and existing business acquisitions
- Manage Windows Server installations, upgrades and patching
- Monitor and Manage alerts, and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets
- Respond to User Calls/emails in a timely manner and provide access, troubleshooting, and resolution as needed
- Manage, configure and troubleshoot network devices and printers
- Work closely with other international technical support personnel as well as support a world-wide user base in remote sites
- Support the implementation and maintenance of monitoring, ticketing, ITSM, and service desk platforms
- Maintain inventory of systems, workstations, network devices, and phones
- Manages Exchange Servers or Outlook 365 and email processes
- Manage VOIP telephony environment
- Configure and manage wireless for office environment
- Resolve any issues that cause outages that impact business performance in a timely manner
- Helps troubleshoot all areas of infrastructure and provide on-site support for business operations
- Assist other Eli Global Companies with infrastructure projects as needed
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering is preferred (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent
- 5 Years’ experience with at least 3 years of working experience supporting a company’s infrastructure at a high level
- Experience in highly regulated security industries is a plus!
- Firm understanding of sharing application experience such as Microsoft Sharepoint
- Certifications as MCSE, MCSA, and those related to virtualization and cloud technologies as Azure and VCP are preferred
- Strong hands-on familiarity with enterprise technologies as advanced firewalling and switching with ACL’s and VLANs and using equipment as Cisco, Sonicwall, Palo Alto, or similar
- Thorough understanding of enterprise networks with multiple VLANs, defense-in-depth strategies, IDS/IPS, vulnerability management, SIEM, auditing and logging systems, and monitoring utilities
- Prior experience with email migrations, especially to Microsoft Office 365 and sharing services with OneDrive and other Office 365 platforms
- Knowledge of and experience configuring and installing windows desktop applications
- Firm understanding of Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- Understanding of Operating Systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting printers and scanners
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment, ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Prior experience in Helpdesk/NOC or system administration
- Innovative mindset, quick learner
- Excellent customer handling, communication, and strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to interact effectively in a multi-functional, diverse work environmen
Environment and/or Physical Factors:
- Be able to lift computing equipment into racks, desks, etc.
- Salary DOE
- Full Benefits Package Available