Staff Tax Accountant
- 2222 Sedwick Rd, Durham, NC 27713, USA
Eli Global, LLC (“Eli Global”) is a privately-held conglomeration of over 100 autonomous companies serving the needs of our clients in industries including insurance, financial services, healthcare services, revenue cycle management, information technology, marketing and sales, publishing, distribution, market research, business information, and more. Founded in 1991, Eli Global has 7,500 people working in more than 20 countries. Additional information can be found at www.EliGlobal.com.
The staff tax accountant’s duties will focus mainly on registering for and monitoring of new employer tax accounts.
As a member of the Tax team:
- Register for new tax accounts for acquisitions and new hires
- Ensure taxes are paid on time
- Research tax notices to ensure they are paid appropriately and on time
- Learn and use multiple different payroll platforms (Paylocity and Paychex)
- Research and resolve individual employee tax withholding issues
- Close unused tax accounts
- Expansion into sales tax and property tax is possible
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of experience with payroll taxes
- Ability to work in an extremely dynamic and fast paced mergers and acquisitions environment
- Enjoys being hands on and doing the work.
- Enjoys finding and implementing process improvements
- Analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Efficiently work in a deadline driven environment.
- Previous experience with either Paychex or Paylocity a must!
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, quick learner
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.