Business Development Manager
- Slater Rd, Durham, NC 27703, USA
Founded in 1993, IDFA provides specialized training to accounting, financial, and legal professionals in the field of pre-divorce financial planning. Over the years, we have certified more than 5,000 professionals in the US and Canada as Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®) professionals. The Institute provides comprehensive training using a variety of knowledge and skill-building techniques. CDFA candidates learn how to help their clients with financial issues that will affect the rest of their lives.
We’re ready to amplify IDFA’s growth and impact in the U.S. and Canada with a dedicated Business Development pro. Are you a self-driven hunter with the know-how to educate and persuade finance professionals? We need someone with a successful track record of establishing partnerships that multiply sales, filling a sales pipeline, and closing deals.
Is this you? If so, you’ll report directly to the General Manager and collaborate with the Membership Program Manager and marketing staff to expand the reach of IDFA educational events and grow our membership. You’ll book sales of continuing education sponsorships, sales of Divorce Alliance membership, and maximize sponsorship revenue all conferences per year. You will also help develop, price, and roll out new products and services.
● Grow IDFA business in the Americas (online & onsite initiatives) to meet assigned goals.
● Establish and maintain a healthy deal pipeline of existing and new clients.
● Fill lead pipeline and spread customer awareness of IDFA at industry conferences and events.
● Represent/Speak for IDFA at industry tradeshows
● Share customer insights to GM, marketing, and other IDFA staff to maximize the value we can provide to our customers.
● Collaborate with marketing team on new ideas and special promos for different campaigns/accounts.
● Strong sales and business development track record
● Knowledge about the financial analyst and advisor market.
● Familiar with financial services industry, registered investment advisor structure, broker-dealer structure, and compliance in those industries.
● Background in financial services, mutual fund companies, banks and/or insurance industries.
● Ability to travel (including international) up to 25-35% of the time
● You have connections, professionalism, and savvy to reach decision makers at major insurance carriers and financial companies.
● You must know or be able to quickly learn the ins and outs of the financial advisory industry.
● You are a strategic self-starter that is eager to build new relationships that drive goal-achievement.
IDFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.