VP of Talent
- Chicago, IL, USA
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
The Vice President of Talent (Acquisition and Management), reporting to the CEO and COO, is responsible for overseeing the design and execution of recruitment and talent management strategies to attract, evaluate and hire and develop exceptional talent. The ideal candidate is solutions oriented with a growth mindset and will drive initiatives for creative candidate generation to ensure a diverse high performing pipeline is available to meet the needs of the business. This will include creating and defining sourcing strategy, developing processes for better operational efficiency, and creating KPIs and reporting to ensure optimal time to fill and quality of hire metrics. This role will also provide leadership to a global (Mumbai based) talent acquisition team, ensuring a strong recruiting culture focused on candidate experience, diversity, high performing talent density, timeliness and quality while meeting the demanding hiring volumes with a specific focus on acquiring high performing sales talent.
The VP will also manage a team of HR managers to lead the talent and culture development initiatives.
- Provide reports and metrics in support of the organization's external and internal talent acquisition initiatives, including the ROI of programs on differentiated sourcing strategies
- Implement, measure and monitor metrics that impact Elevate K-12’s employer branding strategies
- Act as a strong partner to functional leaders to provide strategy and execution on talent acquisition strategies and challenges
- Develop effective working relationships with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Introduce new and/or improved methodologies for attracting, assessing and selecting the best talent
- Provide the organization with performance metrics and seek feedback regarding the effectiveness of the talent acquisition team
- Provide direction and ideas to the management team on strategy and emerging talent trends in the market
- Ensure that the recruiting function is capable, streamlined and well-aligned with the vision and goals of the organization
- Build a data-driven recruiting organization, including analytics that provides insight and decision support
- Manage employer branding, employee value proposition, job site optimization, and innovative candidate sourcing strategies
- Provide leadership and guidance around continuous improvement initiatives and an eye for streamlining processes within talent acquisition and HR-related work
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting strategies are in place to attract diverse candidates
- Develop and execute a recruitment strategy and post recruitment analysis to improve high performing talent density
- Lead the talent acquisition in Chicago and the US (focused on sales, operations and academics) and in Mumbai, India (Focused on IT)
- Manage a team of HR managers in Chicago and in Mumbai for the execution of the talent, compliance and culture development
- 15+ years of talent acquisition and management experience, particularly building a high functioning talent acquisition system for a high growth company
- 3+ years of experience devising and leading talent strategy in a fast-growth environment at the Director or above level
- BS, BA (or equivalent) - MBA/advanced degree is a plus
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills and thorough attention to detail
- Proven success building recruiting and talent acquisition programs with detailed reporting metrics that illustrate and document the team's capabilities and accomplishments
- A passion for retaining and developing a best in class team of recruiters
- Experience creating a strong employment brand leveraging social media, marketing and other platforms
- Experience and proficiency in project and change management
- Possess strong business acumen and experience working with and recommending creative recruitment tools, technologies and platforms to enhance process efficiencies
- Strong experience in workforce planning, forecasting and developing, while ensuring appropriate resource plans for the recruiting function
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.