Intern - Project Management Office (Start February 2024)
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The Program Management Office Intern is a part-time position that assists in developing, planning, executing, and measuring success of Program Management Office initiatives. The PMO Intern will work with a cross-functional team (PM, PMO, Mission Assurance, Engineering, Contracts) to assist in modeling the PM organization structure and processes and will assist in analysis of monthly program status. This task will also require the PMO Intern to work independently and to present recommendations to the PMO leadership team. The Intern works under the direction of the Sr. Director, Program Management Office to support the company’s business objectives to strengthen the program/project managers and improve program execution.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Assists in the monitoring of financial and schedule performance of projects on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Work with project manager and control account managers (CAM) to support monthly and quarterly variance analysis and forecasts.
- Assist with modeling of Program Management processes and organization structure in Cameo Enterprise Architect (using the Business Process Modeling and Notation [BPMN] standard).
- Assess existing processes to identify opportunity to streamline and improve processes.
- Support PMO with modeling, adapting PM Process to support Agile development methodologies (must be closely aligned with Engineering and Mission Assurance).
- Collaborate with others to develop content for and publish PMO monthly newsletters, must be able to effectively plan for deadlines, and work efficiently to deliver approved content by deadline.
- Support program health assessments on a quarterly basis.
- Support other PMO initiatives as identified and prioritized by PMO leadership.
Outside Business Relationships:
- Collaborates effectively with others in the department and across the organization.
- Will work closely within the PMO as well as with the Engineering and Mission Assurance functions.
- Must be capable of presenting PMO initiative plans and progress to leadership.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, preferably pursuing a business, aerospace engineering, or another engineering discipline.
- Graduate business or engineering students preferred.
- Process mapping experience is desired.
- Remote work is acceptable with occasional onsite support in Ft. Worth
Here Are Some of the Great Benefits We Offer:
- Most locations offer a 9/80 schedule providing every other Friday off
- We offer a flexible work schedule that allows your class schedule to be the priority.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Elbit Systems of America to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels based solely upon job-related qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetics or citizenship status.
Elbit Systems of America is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Elbit Systems of America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email [email protected].